Sunday 12 May 2019

A cool week.

Hello and welcome to Inso's World again.

It's been a really good week, this week.

We have had family visiting for the week so I have managed to get some family time in between work shifts. They were down to visit because this week has seen the annual Flora Dance and it is a real community experience. Luckily, my missus had the week off so that she could have plenty of time for family so she had a great week.

On Flora Day, I had my first pint of ale in a whole year. It was worth waiting for... so now I am able to enjoy a pint after my year off the beer. I also spent some quality time with one of my new mates from work so that was cool.

The reason behind the year off the beer was to celebrate my Dad's life with something that meant something and also something that I could look back on and say "I managed to do that". Well... I managed to do that!

On top of that, I have arranged to have our garden fence replaced. The tradesman who is doing it, should be starting at some time this afternoon... possibly Drektly... I guess we'll see.

From a hobby perspective, I have continued with the little Squats and have been working to complete the artillery company. I haven't quite managed it but have had a little progress:




Click the Pix!

The images show the last of the three Thudd-Gun sections and two command squads for two of the sections. I still have the last of the 3 command units to finish and then the company command/support section. I have decided that the support part of this command section will include another couple of Thudd-Guns so it will be different to the Infantry company command/support section. All will become clear when things get painted and based properly.

This coming week will see the arrival of our new Kitten, Alfie. We are expecting to pick him up on Tuesday evening and we can't wait.

I think that is about it for this week.

See you from the camel's back!

No comments: