Tuesday 13 March 2012

Decals...

At this moment in time, I am not a fan of decals.

I now have 4 armoured vehicles with some decals on them but soon realised that there was something wrong when I took a step back and looked at the markings.

I have put roundels and numbers on the vehicles and the numbers are slightly different sizes...and it sticks out like a sore thumb.

I also found that when I put varnish over them, the numbers fell to pieces and the roundels lost colour unless I was extremely careful and didn't touch them with the brush... so I had to get the paint out to repair some of them.

Awesome stuff...NOT!

I am now REALLY looking forward to adding decals to the troops... he said sarcastically.

See you from the stroppy tree!

##EDIT##

I feel a small amount of retribution happening...I have just managed to apply all 28 roundels to the sides of my troop's helmets without incident! I also managed to cover them with varnish with no leeching of colour!

Only 56 numbers to go!

...but not today.

See you from the happy tree!

##ANOTHER EDIT##

Yay! Things are getting better by the hour. I have painted over the vehicle numbers and have replaced them with alternatives that look much better... and I am happy with them now. I can at least stop fretting over them and get on with other things.

See you from the ecstatic tree!

No comments: