Sunday 10 January 2010

What?...Again?...

I just have a small update this time and it is a demonstration of be not being in the right frame of mind for painting today. Here is a WIP pic of my Carnifex:

Click the Pic!

I have been shortening the claws, bulking up the arms, filling gaps and trying to sort out the carapace. I had to rip the arms off so I am also having to re-build the shoulders. The front claws (the ones not fitted) are supposed to be a bit like a Mantis; they are 'flicky'. I shortened the claws to make them a bit less awkward looking for a crouched forward beastie like this one.

Still lots to do but it is my excuse for not painting again :).

See you through the thawing snow!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Inso said...

The last comment was deleted due to it having links to various naughty things not applicable to this Blog.

Tut! Tut!

Anonymous said...

I really want to see how you approach this one.

Inso said...

I hope to keep it fairly stock to be quite honest. I have slightly repositioned where the front shoulders are and how the claws sit on the arms but there shouldn't be too much more major work going on.

I have removed the club tail and replaced it with a scythed one which looks much more in tune with the rest of the beast.

I will be filling in gaps and blending the carapace where I have filled it...but that will be about it.

I've already fixed the front arms in place but still need to do some putty-work to finish all that...but I have been busy painting Rippers so haven't got much further on the Carnifex for now.