Sunday 10 January 2010

Early Morning Business.

Shift-work has knocked my rhythm out and as a result, I am wide awake at 02-40 in the morning. I went to bed but couldn't get to sleep so I thought I'd get up and see what I could do to keep my mind off things.

The first thing I did was dismantle a large plastic truck that my son has put in the kitchen ready for the bin men. I now have some nice wheels to play about with. I was all set to do some wood cutting (for a chassis) but realised that the neighbours probably wouldn't be too impressed if I started making a noise so I thought I'd try something else.

I thought about painting but I have quite tired eyes...so I couldn't do any painting.

I ate some fruitcake and a cup of decaffeinated tea.

I thought I'd continue the conversion work on my Tyranid Carnifex so I have been playing with Green Stuff and altering limbs and filling gaps. He's coming on quite nicely at the moment. I did what I said I was going to do and ripped his arms off...making a bit of a mess of the shoulders in the process but that is just the price you pay for gluing things together before you decide on how they should look...

Anyway, I have shortened some of his claws and have been bulking up his arms a bit and I think that when he is finished, he should look quite intimidating.

The other day, I ordered a six-wheeled APC from Fenris Games. Now that the postman has started to deliver again I hope that it will arrive at some point next week. It looks quite nice and should go quite well with the Hasslefree Sci-Fi Humans I bought just before Christmas. Here is a link to the Fenris vehicle:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Marauder-LSV-light-APC-resin-kit_W0QQitemZ150401103860QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Toys_Wargames_RL?hash=item23049ab7f4

I went for a drive to the supermarket today. Normally, that wouldn't be anything too interesting but the roads are a bit snowy and icy at the moment so I had to take things really steady. It was when I got to the shop that things got interesting though. I guess that people were expecting more snow because the supermarket was packed full of people, all buying provisions like their life depended on it. The checkouts were backed up and people were squeezed together like sardines...NIGHTMARE! I am not a good shopper at the best of times but I managed to keep my cool. My son was there to help so at least I had a small amount of sanity on my side.

Well...I guess I've babbled on enough for now...

Catch you on the flip side!

No comments: