Tuesday 13 October 2009

Tuesday...aaaand relax!

Well, what can I say? The shock has worn off and apart from a few minor niggles, we are all starting to think about what needs to be done and what we need to get in to order.

We've been to the doctor's and have been given a birth date of 13th Jun 2010...now we have that, it is all real.

I reckon that before long, the hobby side of things will pick up again as I need a distraction from all of the preparations and worries that being a new parent at the age of 40+ brings.

To say I am ecstatic about the situation is an understatement and I have been overwhelmed by all of the congratulations and kind words that me and my wife have received through various on-line forums (and of course, this blog) so thank you.

On to other things and you will notice that I have put up a list of the Blogs that I follow. Now some of them aren't very regularly updated but they are full of stuff worthy of looking at when you need a bit of inspiration...so they are most definitely worthy of being in the list.

If you look at the list, you will notice a blog by Dwartist. Well, Dwartist has just joined Inso's World as a follower; David. Welcome David and I hope that you get as much pleasure from this blog as I get when I see your Imperial Guard conversions and paint jobs. There are few people out there who manage to add such realism to sci-fi without covering their work in battle-damage. I am glad to have you aboard.

What the heck am I doing at the moment? Well, I have stopped sculpting whole miniatures at the moment because my mind isn't 'on it' at the moment and I have started doing a few conversions...just to keep my hand in whilst NOT ruining what I have already sculpted.

What am I converting? Plastic GW Terminators.

Why? I had a box...I now have two boxes and another five terminators coming from E-bay and I thought they would be a fun distraction.

How? I am giving them different feet, hands, heads and equipment. There is quite a lot of work required and I am waiting for the heads to arrive from Hasslefree Miniatures so until I get the heads, I won't be showing off pix (otherwise you just won't see the direction I am going in).

The Terminators will be converted to be a 'counts as' Space Wolves army but obviously won't be Space Wolves. There will be approximately 15 troops and they will all be unique.

In case people are concerned about the other bits and pieces I have been working on lately...don't be. I need to take a deep breath for a short while and the Terminators are the deep breath. Once they are done, I am sure that I will be back to the proper work.

Well that's the lot for now.

See you through the sunshine!

2 comments:

Phil C Dizbuster) said...

Wow a bomb shell indeed. Many congratulations to you both.

Inso said...

Thank you!