Sunday 18 October 2009

Sunday sauntering...

Welcome to Sunday's update. I have deliberately left an update for a few days just so that I had a few things to show off.

Before I start, I'd like to welcome our newest follower; Phil C. Welcome Phil, I hope you enjoy your stay :).

So what have I been up to over the past few days? Well, I've had a few parcels turn up...

I received a parcel from Hasslefree Miniatures which contained a bunch of conversion bits and pieces and also a very cool little Mystic Panda which is shown next to a Grymn pilot here:

Click the Pic!

In amongst the same order, I received a bunch of Rhino heads which I have been using for my Games Workshop Space-Marine Terminator conversions here:

Click the Pic!

Click the Pic!

They are going to be 'Counts as' Space Wolves. The squad in the top pic is being led by Arjac, a special character.

I received another parcel from Fenris Games which contained a whole host of resin bases. I was going to put up some pictures of them today but I have been a bit too caught up with the terminator conversions and haven't had enough time to prepare them for photographs...so they will be arriving in a future update (sorry).

A further parcel arrived from E-bay with five plastic Terminators in. I now have a total of 15 which will be converted to Rhino-men as soon as I get around to it.

What...more parcels? You bet! I finally got my parcel from Renegade and the miniatures look lovely...just 2 weeks too late to be useful.

I think that is about it...I'm not sure if I already mentioned the Void miniatures from E-bay or the Plasticard/Milliput from Evil Mushroom Games...but I guess I have now :).

Finally, I have made a decision about the Ogarix. He was sitting there looking very sorry for himself and all because I couldn't make up my mind how to make his gun/club weapon so I have decided to make his weapon a purely close combat weapon. That means I have chopped the end off, tidied up the shaft and now have a direction to focus on. All he needs to be finished is a few bits on his hand, a bit on his shoulder and to tidy up the head of the weapon...I must get him finished this week. Here is a pic of the alterations:

Click the Pic!

On to other matters...I've actually managed to get a bit of sleep over the last couple of days so I am hoping it is the start of a trend.

I also managed to drill straight through the end of my thumb with my pin-vice. Fortunately it was only a 0.8mm drill bit so the hole wasn't as big as it could have been. It still bled quite well :)...so, everybody...take care when drilling...it hurts if you drill yourself!

I took the stray cat to the vet and managed to get a nicley torn up hand in the process. It's all very sore but it is also functional so I can't really complain. We now know that the cat is male, is between 7 and 12 years old, doesn't have an identity chip, WILL NOT ALLOW ITSELF TO BE EXAMINED, and has a really bad set of teeth. He's back to the vet on Tuesday to get fixed, one way or the other (depending on test results). We'll see!

That is about it...at last!

See you through the blood!

4 comments:

Tom C said...

How are the 15mm dwarfs coming along?

Tom C said...

Oh and the conversions look great.

Inso said...

The 15mm Dwarfs have stopped for a week or so...I don't want to ruin them while I take in the enormity of being a dad again.

Once I come back to earth, I'll be able to concentrate enough to focus on the job at hand.

I will be finishing them as soon as I am able so don't worry...they aren't forgotten.

Anonymous said...

The big guy makes more sense as a bruiser. If miconids can have guns, I see no reason they can't have vehicles, and mount their big guns on them. Even if the vehicles are wagons pulled by giant snails!

Big bashing tools need big bruisers to carry them.