Sunday, 16 August 2026

Busy Summer Heat.

 Hello and welcome to Inso's World again.

Is it August already? Time is flying by at the moment and it seems that the summer heat has arrived in all its fiery glory, this year! The last month or so have been a mix of being half asleep, melting, sweating and being busy getting stuff done. I've been out on my bike a bit more, we have had our poorly boiler replaced with a lovely new one and I've also got a new tattoo so I am "tattoo symmetrical" now:


Click the Pic!

It's a traditional style Mjolnir (Thor's Hammer) and for the time being, I have no plans for any more tattoos. The tattoo marked the first day of a week away from work for my wife and I but rather than go on holiday, we arranged all sorts of annoying chores to be done during that week while we were at home to oversee things; namely a boiler fit and a few other bits and bobs... so time well spent.

On the hobby front, sculpting has been a bit on and off; mostly due to the weather being very hot and causing sweaty hands... but I have still managed to work through a few bits and bobs. First up, I sculpted three more Sergeants for the helmeted AK Troopers:


Click the Pic!

These have been sent off with the Commissars (shown in the last Blog post) and the Casualty (from February's Blog Post), to Macrocosm Miniatures and have already been cast so I should receive some copies soon. While I have been waiting for those, I have also converted/sculpted three more Comms Troopers for the helmeted AK Troopers:


Click the Pic!

On top of those, I have head swapped a set of the basic AK Troopers but they are currently drying so no pix yet. I have another set of basic AK Troopers that have got helmets but are waiting for their faces to be sculpt. I am also working on four AK Medics; three are on the corks and one has already been converted (sorry, no pix yet). Once those are finished, I'll be looking to sculpt some Special Weapon Troopers and some Heavy Weapon Troopers so the conveyor is truly working overtime at the moment.

The plan is to build all of the troops required to field a Death Korps of Krieg (DKoK) army so I will be hoping to sculpt some small weapon platforms to count as those seen in the DKoK heavy weapon squads... but that's a little way off yet.

Overall, I have the following list (so far) of what I am aiming to create for the helmeted AK Troopers range:

4 Commissars (including the old one from the first army)
4 Sgts
4 Comms Troopers
4 Medics
4 Special Weapon Troopers
4 Heavy Weapon Troopers
15 Basic Troopers

Later:
6 Heavy Weapon Gunners
3 Heavy Weapon Spotters
3 Heavy Weapons (Twin Stubber, Lascannon, Heavy Flamer)
1 empty Heavy Weapon Platform

That's quite a lot of sculpting BUT I am already getting through the list quite quickly so it isn't going to take a massively long time.

In my next Blog post, I should have all of the Basic AK Troopers finished along side the finished Medics so there's something to look forward to.

In a completely random direction... the bike that I passed on to my buddy a couple of months ago, is now running, repaired and has been rebuilt! As soon as I get to see it, I'll try and get some pix.

See you from the tattoo parlour!

No comments: