Wednesday 13 July 2022

July heat.

 Hello and welcome to Inso's World again.

Time is ticking by and things are moving along rather nicely.

The nice weather has meant that I have been getting on with "outside" chores... like painting the house and sorting the garden so I have been kept busy when I am not working. I am in very good spirits and can honestly say that I haven't felt this "at peace" for a very, VERY long time. Thank heavens for psychotherapists, eh?

I've been out for a couple of rides on my bike but not particularly far... however, it has made a change from not riding at all.

In a strange twist of fate, we will have a new kitten joining our family next week. His name is Storm:


Click the Pic!

He's going to be about eight weeks old when he arrives with us and we can't wait. 

We weren't planning on getting another kitten so soon after the loss of our Sam... but we took the plunge and when we went to look at the litter, Storm made a bee-line for my wife, climbed on her and cuddled in... so we were chosen and couldn't really say no. I am really glad to be welcoming a new little family member.

In hobby news, I have finished painting the first platoon's Command Squad:


Click the Pic!

... and have nearly finished the first infantry squad as well:


Click the Pic!

I have just started to add the final highlights and once that is done and the base-edges are painted, they will be finished. I have promised to finish sculpting the five close combat Squats after that... but in this heat, painting and sculpting is quite difficult; especially with the way paint/putty properties change when they get warmed up so it is a slow process.

I haven't really been sculpting at all, lately. I seem to be enjoying the hobby for me, at the moment so I must admit to being a bit selfish and getting some paint on my army instead. It's what you need, sometimes...

In other news, I have been enjoying the slow information release for Squats/Leagues of Votann from Games Workshop. I am looking forward to seeing where things go... but I very much doubt that I will be able to keep them "stock" if I get any... I am thinking of turning some into Demiurg, to go with my other troops... an example:


Click the Pic!

Once more of the ranges are revealed, I will decide upon which units to convert and which ones I won't bother with... I am looking forward to the vehicles... hopefully, some drilling machines.

Well... that's about it. With summer comes the tourists so I doubt I'll be going too far in the near future. Maybe I'll get some more stuff finished... who knows?

See you from the top of the morning!

No comments: