Wednesday 6 April 2022

April already.

 Hello and welcome to Inso's World again. 

I know it's been a while but things have been ticking along so I haven't really thought much about the blog... it is, what it is. That said, so much has happened that I thought I'd put up a post to reflect on things.

Health...

It appears that my Covid woes are finally over. I am back to breathing normally again, am having hardly any brain fog and have reached a point where my lack of fitness (due to being pretty sedentary for the last year) is what is slowing me down. As a result, my mental health seems to have improved greatly and all I need to really grip, is my fitness. I have even got to a point where I am looking to start volunteering in my local charity shop... that way, I can "get back out there" and not feel like I'm not earning my wages. The shop is the local Air Ambulance shop... which leads me nicely onto my charity endeavours:

Steve's Hair-Topia Challenge (link).

As you will see from the link, I am fund-raising for the same charity and I have now reached the eleven month point! Just one moth to go before I will be shaving my hair and beard off. Currently, I look like this:


DON'T CLICK THE PIC!!! It's Scary!

... and STILL with a month of growing left to go! If you can, please donate.

In other news, I have been sculpting a bit and have managed to get a little further with the five close combat Dwarfs:


Click the Pic!

I just have the pistols, basing tabs and a little bit of a tidy-up before they are finished. I haven't got as far as I would have liked with them... mostly due to these two:


Click the Pic!

On a whim, I just decided that I needed to sculpt a pair of proxy "Primaris Psykers" so I sculpted a "Beer Seer" and a "Wine Witch" to fill the role. They use the power of strong alcohol to summon the spirits of the ancestors. I also decided that I needed to work on a mech and I couldn't do that, without sorting a pilot out... so this happened as well:



Click the Pix!

He's a bit rough... but he's all ready for his mech... and it is in the process of being assembled. Big things are on the horizon! Speaking of which, Games Workshop have ONLY gone and decided to release a new range of SQUATS!!! They will be known as the League of Votann and here is a bit of information:


On that bombshell, I reckon it's time to leave. I am sure that, when I have seen more of the range, I will post my thoughts.

See you from the crazy place!

4 comments:

Lasgunpacker said...


At least you have a ready reference for dwarf hair and beards?

GW releasing new squats (probably a kill team and then the army) is crazy... who would have thought? May be too big to fit in with your guys though.

Inso said...

I have all sorts of little armies and gangs/kill teams... one of which is based on Kharadrons so if I do decide I like the new vibe (I need to see more of the range first), they'll either be a separate army or tie in with my Kharadron conversions.

It's just a case of "wait and see" at the moment... they could be great or the could be less than great...

Zzzzzz said...

That's a good look for Cornwall, I suspect you now blend in nicely :)

Da Masta Cheef said...

I love the CC Dwarf who looks like he's either kicking in a door, or giving someone the boot!