Sunday 30 June 2019

A bit up and down, this week.

Hello and welcome to Inso's World.

This week has been a bit all over the place.

I have been going to work as usual and have had a really good bunch of shifts; as a result of some good team work. When I have not been at work I have been clearing the garden and on one occasion, while ripping out some rotten wood, I found a very cool toad (which I evacuated to a safe area). I still have a bit of a way to go but the garden is certainly getting there.

Tuesday was a sad day. We had our lovely old cat, Fred (AKA Bouff and the Bear) put to sleep. He was fourteen years old and had been living with arthritis for a good few years (he was on medication for it) but over the last year, had developed some nasty growths in his neck and throat. We kept him going for as long as we could but he had just had enough so he was peacefully put to sleep on Tuesday.


Click the Pic!

Rest in peace, Fred.

On Thursday, I went to give blood but have been told I can't donate for a year because I am anaemic. That came as a bit of a shock but it could explain some of my tiredness issues. I'll be going to see my doctor at some point, to see what they have to say about things. On the one hand, I am really disappointed that I have to wait a year to give blood again... but on the other, it means that I have six months in order to get another tattoo... so it isn't all bad. I just need to design my tattoo now.

On the hobby front, I have been sculpting a bit but have also been shopping... First of all, I decided that, after seeing the photo below, I needed some Loors:


Click the Pic!

I can't take any credit for the image but the paint scheme really works on these miniatures so I put an order in to CP Models and am now in posession of ten, rather excellent, Loors. When I have some paints out again, these will be top of my list.

While on the subject of shopping, I needed to scratch an itch. I have an idea that has been scratching around in my head and I thought that a box of Dwarf Berserkers would help me to realise things... so I bought a box of "Avatars of War - Dwarf Seekers":
Click the Pic!

I chose these because they mostly have boots on so I wouldn't need to spend all of my time converting feet. Anyway, without saying what I am converting them into, I have been busy converting a test miniature to check out the concept. I have also putt in a small order to Anvil Industry for some bits to add to these troops... all will become clear, when the test mini is complete.

With sculpting in mind, I have been continuing with the second competition sculpt but have slowed down bue to the above distractions. That said, it is coming along nicely:


Click the Pic!

What this coming week will churn up, who knows... but I hope it will be productive and bit more level on the luck side.

See you from the apex!


3 comments:

mattblackgod said...

I am sorry to hear of the passing of Fred. RIP.

Simon Quinton said...

Sorry to hear about Fred please accept my condolences.

Inso said...

Thank you, both :) .