Sunday 3 February 2019

We're all DOOMED! DOOMED I tell you...

Hello again and welcome to Inso's World.

A very short blog post this week due to life being very hectic and not having a lot of hobby time.

To cut a long story short, my missus is still poorly, work is still heavy and having to do all the chores on top of everything has meant that my time has been all used up.

That said, I decided (for some completely random reason) to dig out an old project and get back on it... the call of the Space Dwarfs was very strong...


Click the Pic!

This is an almost complete conversion of 'Dutch' for my special drop troop unit... AKA the Squat Predator hunting team. This picture was taken before a pair of bracelets were added... the following pic shows him finished, with his two buddies:


Click the Pic!

These will represent various Catachan Jungle Fighter troops; namely:
  • Sgt. Harker
  • Sly Marbo
  • Platoon Commander
  • Command Squad
That means that I have seven planned with four more to convert. Currently, I have 'Poncho' on the sculpting bench. If you are still none the wiser, this image of the rescue team from the movie 'Predator', should clear things up:


Click the Pic!

Obviously, the faces won't be likenesses of the characters... what with them having beards and being Squats... but I hope to capture a small amount of the essence of the characters of each one.

I have NO PLANS to sculpt the Predator... it would be a distraction, when I could be sculpting other things.

SO... in other news... my Blog(s) may be affected by Google's decision to kill off Google+ accounts. This could affect comments and images. Everything is set to start from tomorrow and will be finished by the end of March. I have no idea how my blogs will be affected but if images and comments disappear, I will be closing the blogs down...

... Let's hope that isn't necessary.

See you from the start of the downward spiral!


2 comments:

Zzzzzz said...

Prodos games already do 28mm predators, so you don't have to sculpt one. But you could always get one to squattify.

Inso said...

I already have a Hurn, from Heresey Miniatures, that would make an adequate Predator so I have no need (or enthusiasm) to get another Predator. It won't fit in with anything and would distract me from what I would prefer to be getting on with.