Sunday 25 November 2018

Getting there.

Hello and welcome to Inso's World again.

This week has been one of this and that...

There's been lots of work and I'm beginning to get used to the demands of it. Having something to eat, before going to work has made a lot of difference so that is a good thing. As is normally the case, I got the wrong day off this week... I wanted Friday but got Thursday... so I am now hoping that I don't have to play hooky on Christmas day because they haven't taken into account my initial request (when I joined) and the Christmas rota request (that I have clearly marked)... I have PLANS, Damn it! Hopefully, they will understand and realise that I will not be attending work on Christmas day, whether I am supposed to or not.

So Friday was a bit of a rush. I worked until 14:30hrs and then dashed to the local church for my 14:35hrs, blood-donation appointment (33rd donation). When that was done, I pottered home, sorted my life out and when my missus returned from work, we went out for a meal to celebrate our 27th Wedding Anniversary. I worked yesterday, have work later today and tomorrow but have Tuesday off... but I'll be counting charity money and sorting out event paperwork for a Christmas concert for Marie Curie.

It seems that I have gone from "not very much to do outside" to "EVERYTHING to do outside". Luckily, my motivation is good and my physical fitness is improving so things are able to go at the pace I want to without falling over.

I am still loving my new job and will love it even more when I get used to the physical demands of it and gain more experience... but I am learning fast.

On a more hobby related subject... I have been bombarded with Black Friday adverts. Normally, I would immediately delete them but I saw one that appealed to me so I have ordered something that will start to ship from December 7th. The something in question is from Mantic Games and is 12 Forge Father motorbikes. This is the first time they have been available in groups, on their own and I have jumped in quick...


Click the Pic!

I will be using them as Hearthguard Bikers (proxy Space Marine Scout Bikers) and they will replace 3 standard Hearthguard squads in the High Echelon, Command Battalion (I will need to use the components to convert these bikers). There will be more information on this, very soon.

You will remember from last week, that I converted a Bullgryn Bodyguard. Well, here he is; finished:


Click the Pic!

He's called Snorri the Giant and he is pictured with Big Olaf. He isn't a Bullgryn though... he's a very badly wounded Squat, in a robotic suit of armour that proxies for a Bullgryn Bodyguard... Here's his story:

Snorri the Giant.

 Snorri glared across the field and saw the warboss, bold, 
And as he glared, his anger rose and then his blood ran cold. 
He knew the Warboss must be stopped, before he reached the gate, 
So his ancestors infused with him and filled his heart with hate. 

 He leapt from off the parapet, with axes in both hands, 
And as he charged the Warboss, he was joined by allied bands. 
The sound of clashing steel rang out, when the enemies first met, 
And in the guild's librarium, began the bravest story yet. 

 Snorri fought the mighty Ork, with fury rarely seen. 
His bravery, the kind of which, had rarely ever been. 
He brought the monster to the ground, and cleaved off his raging head. 
And he stood upon the Warboss' corpse as it lay there, clearly dead. 

 Alas his triumph was short lived, as Orks are hardy foes. 
And though its head was clearly gone, it's axe, it slowly rose. 
And with a final death strike, the blade met Snorri's head.
And Snorri dropped down on the field, the Squat was surely dead. 

 Snorri's lifeless body was, removed from off the field. 
But there was the slightest heartbeat, and the hope he could be healed. 
All the guilds around the lands were called and asked for aid, 
But the best of all the medicae, failed and were dismayed. 

 Poor Snorri was alive in mind, but his body was a shell. 
His arms and legs were useless, he felt he was in hell. 
But a Squat called Jorgen Bursmith, had an idea in mind. 
And he built some special armour that would leave his woes behind. 

 Now Snorri, he could fight again and he made sure that he would, 
And his fame was too important, so his guild ensured he could. 
But his size was far too great now and he needed to be seen, 
So the guild made him a warden and he was sent to guard the Queen. 

In time, the legend of the Squat, in massive armour spread... 
Of the cybernetic warrior, who refused to lay down dead. 
His name "Snorri the Giant", with shield and gun in hand, 
Who defends the royal family, the Guild and all the land.

See you from the battlefield!

No comments: