Sunday 24 June 2018

Getting there.

Hello again... and welcome to Inso's World.

It is a stunning Sunday afternoon in sunny Cornwall and I have just got back from the pub, after watching the England football team win a match (Yay! Go team!). Friday, we went out and watched a band  and Saturday we just pottered around; not doing very much... which is roughly how the rest of the week went too.

From a hobby perspective, I have also pottered along. First of all, I have finished sculpting the Plasma-Tank's commander and she has gone from this:


Click the Pic!

... to this (after a full base-coat and wash of Agrax Earthshade):


Click the Pic!

Unfortunately, I went off the boil a bit and she is still in the same condition. I find the stippling phase to be a fairly boring process so I have to gear myself up to get it done. Luckily, the remaining four tanks arrived from Ebay and they have all been checked and their sprues washed now:


Click the Pic!

All the sprues are now dry and in a big box awaiting assembly/painting. In the meantime, I have been looking at my army lists and noticed that there are quite a few 'awaiting assembly' entries and, in a bid to get rid of a few, I washed a bunch of Halfling Snipers and have cleaned them up, filled them where necessary and based them... so if you ever wanted to know what 30 Halfling Snipers looked like, here's what:


Click the Pic!

The assembly of these has meant that I can tick off three boxes on my organisation chart because 1, 2, and 3 platoon, now have a squad of ten Halfling Snipers each. 

With the army lists in mind, I noticed that I was short 3 Sentinels for the third platoon. With the expense of the Tank Company weighing heavy on my mind, I couldn't justify spending another £45.00 on three more Vulkans from Prodos so I got my thinking cap on and remembered that I had three of the old style 'Warzone Resurrection' Vulkans. They are not as beefy as the newer ones but are of a similar style so I have dug them out of the loft and will be adding them to the army as three Scout Sentinels. They look like the ones in this image that I made from pictures found on-line:


Click the Pic!

If you compare them to my existing Armoured Sentinels, you will see what I mean:


Click the Pic!

The Scout Sentinels will be getting a Fist and a Heavy-Flamer each, along with a one-shot missile. I will be using the Heavy-Flamers that were left over from the Armoured Sentinels and the Fists that were part of the add-ons from the Kickstarter that I got the lighter Vulkans from. I will also be beefing up their shoulders and may well change the 'cockpit' but at the moment, I don't plan on starting them... but I have them to hand, if I need a change of pace. My main focus has to be my Tank Company at the moment... but no plan survives contact with the enemy.

In other news, my ideas head has been working overtime and I have been thinking about Battle-Cannons for the last of the tanks. Luckily, I remembered that I had some weapons from my old VOTOMs Mechs that were not used so I dug them out and have sorted out some Battle-Cannons (and a Vanquisher-Cannon) for the last four Tanks. As well as this, I have been thinking about arming the Mecha that I am planning and have come up with an idea for how to build a big Chainsword... but I am not touching that for now. As for the Mecha... the more I think about it, the more involved the conversion is going to be. It is looking like it may end up more a scratch-build than a conversion... 

Well... that's it for today.

See you from the submarine!

No comments: