Sunday 29 April 2018

You can't stop the music.

Hello and welcome to Inso's World again.

What can I say about this week? I think the word 'random' comes to mind.

The week started with a day that was sunny enough to paint the rear of the house (just) but the weather didn't hold for long enough to paint the side of the porch so I still have that to do... plus a few little bits of wall furniture to paint in satin.

I managed to get out for a ride on my bike this week... OK, I got a bit wet but it was a much needed little excursion over to Marazion:


Click the Pic!

I also bit the bullet and sorted out some more of my Dad's personal effects and am getting closer to gripping things. It has been a bit of a struggle because with everything you sort, it gets closer to being final... it is very strange.

Friday evening was a great one. Me and my missus went to the Rodney Inn (Helston) and watched a great cover band. They were a Queen cover band called "The Good Old Fashioned Lover Boys" and they properly raised the roof. The pub was packed and one of the bar staff had dressed up as Freddie Mercury... and the way he was behaving, he could have been Freddie reincarnated (he had all the moves!). 

In other news, reinforcements have arrived:


Click the Pic!

Two more King Tigers are ready to go for assembly. So far, I have started the first one and just need to add the Green-Stuff to the Punisher cannon and it will be ready to start painting (all filling has been done, the lascannon is fitted and the punisher cannon has been built and fitted... just needs the mantle to be fettled with Green-Stuff). Luckily, I have already built and painted one of these so I am able to make some sensible choices about painting and assembly.

Unfortunately, I've had a couple of painful days but, in a strange twist of fate, I have used those times for a bit of sculpting and have managed to finish the five Squat bodies (the first of the commissions to be ticked off):


Click the Pic!

They should have been posted yesterday... but tired/hungover/didn't happen so it will be done tomorrow. They are all packed and ready to go and as a result, I freed up five corks and now have a couple of extra goblins and a large shell (as in cannon shell) on some of them... so it has been fairly productive; commissions wise.

As a final note, Forgeworld have got their Necromunda Squat on PRE-ORDER so I have jumped on board and pre-ordered one. I am not impressed at the price... and struggled to click the pay button... but I am treating it as a special case (due to it being the first official Squat release for over 20 years) so that my conscience can cope. I now look forward to its arrival so that I can get a proper look at it and see what I want to do with it.

That's it for today. This coming week will be strange (it would have been Dad's 75th birthday this coming week) so I am leaving things 'open to interpretation'.

See you from the car park!



4 comments:

tim said...

I just about fell out of my chair when I saw the price for the Necromunda squat too...

Zzzzzz said...

Those squat King Tigroids are pretty good !

Inso said...

@ Tim - I was expecting it to be similar to the others and knew it was going to be a tough call... but I had to have it... so I just had to lump it :(

@ Zzzzzz - I am glad that I found this particular tank. The others are more chibi. The King Tiger has a slightly longer wheel base and looks less chibi... and is pretty much what I was aiming for with my Panther Russ conversion... so I am well chuffed with them because they are so much easier to convert :)

Vicky Jame said...

Collection of my best ringtone in 2018. Electronic ringtone. IPhone ringtone. And many other interesting ringtones. Install free ringtones to quickly access the home page at: https://ringtonemob.net/

Top 5 favorite ringtones for 2018, you can refer to:
Punjabi ringtones - RingtoneMob
Marimba remix ringtones - RingtoneMob
Popular ringtones - RingtoneMob
Top ringtones - RingtoneMob
Latest ringtones - RingtoneMob
I need your opinion. Wish you have the best ringtone for your cell phone. Share your favorite ringtones for everyone