Sunday 4 March 2018

After the thaw.

Hello and welcome to Inso's World.

What can I say about this week? Well, for starters, this happened:


Yes, we had snow in Cornwall and ended up getting a good few inches of it so there has been a lot of disruption. My wife ended up having a couple of days off work and we pretty much hunkered down and only popped out once or twice for a few items of shopping. Luckily, all the snow has gone now so everything should get back to normal for the coming week.

Most of this week has been about commissions. All of my hobby time from Monday to Thursday, was spent sculpting stuff for other people. Here's where I am at (goblin at the top, Squat below and 5 Squat bodies below that):




Click the Pix!

Friday, I woke up very tired so I decided not to sculpt and instead, began the process of converting the Kastelan robots into Squat dreadnoughts. After a couple of days, I have got the basic shape sorted out and now need to start adding the details:


Click the Pic!

I wanted to give the dreadnoughts a few design elements from Rogue Trader so have given them shoulder pads like those found on the Squat Exo Armour and have tried to make the bodies similar to those found on the old Rogue Trader dreadnoughts. There is still a way to go but I think they look pretty good so far.

In other news, the Exo Armour legs that I sculpted have now been sold and are on their way to America. That means that both of my casting experiments have now moved on to other owners.

I think that's about it for now.

See you from the igloo!

2 comments:

Zzzzzz said...

Good to see you survived the weather (so far).

Inso said...

It was nothing compared to some of the places I have been (the Falklands was fun :) ).

It's funny when you are used to cold snaps and snow and you move to a place that isn't. One thing that happens is that people panic buy... I nearly had to go without milk! The horror!

I used to live at RAF Benson which had a reputation for being one of the coldest places in the UK. It actually went down to -22 degrees Celsius one year. THAT was proper cold.