Sunday 26 November 2017

Of bathrooms, bikes, and radio controlled cars...

Hello and welcome to Inso's World again.

This week has been a bit all over the shop (again).

The bathroom replacement is finished and now it is up to me to get the painting done and so far, it is going steady... I am taking my time to make sure that it looks nice. The bare wood has been primed, the various bits of sealing I needed to do are done and next it will be a case of painting a watery coat of paint on the coving before I paint it properly... along with the ceiling. Then it will be watery paint on the walls... sand down... then paint. Hopefully, I will have a painted bathroom by next weekend... that's the plan, anyway.

Hobby time has been a bit hit and miss with a little bit of work on my Demiurg troops. The second one; the Mech, is now finished and I have started the leader now... here's the Mech:


Click the Pic!

I think the simple paint scheme works quite well on these. It is also a good thing that I have pointed myself at this little project because a change is as good as a rest. It is also quite fortuitous that the Black Friday nonsense has caught up with me and I saw the opportunity to get hold of some more drones for the Demiurg at a cheaper price... so I bought a box of THESE, a box of THESE and a box of THIS. The last one will be the basis for an army commander conversion. To add to this, I have a little story...

... recently, I have been getting a lot of pain from a poorly shoulder so I decided to take the plunge and have some PROPER painkillers. To cut a long story short, I got a little spaced out and went shopping on EBay... and I bought a radio controlled truck. I don't know why I decided on that truck, particularly... or for that matter, why I bought anything... but it has arrived and it is big. I was left wondering what the heck to do with it so I have decided to turn it into a Demiurg war machine. I think it would look good as an up-scaled Taurus type vehicle... the next picture shows the truck (left) and the shape of the Taurus (right) that I will be scaling up:


Click the Pic!

It should be fun... I have already stripped the truck down to its chassis and am trying to decide how to start building up the body.

Wednesday is coming... and that is the day I hope to pick up my motorcycle. It will be great to get back in the saddle again... I am rather excited.

That's it for today.

See you from the drag strip!

1 comment:

Da Masta Cheef said...

The Demiurg look great!