Sunday 29 May 2016

Lots of stuff.

Before I start, I'd like to welcome Katsuhiko JiNNai to Inso's World. I hope yo enjoy your stay and take away something positive from your experience here.

So this week I have been mostly not very well. Full of cold and have had a woolly head. You'd think that I have been unable to acheive anything... but there has actually been quite a lot going on.

First of all, I have progressed one of the pairs of legs that I plan to cast up for my Mantic Steel Warriors and here it is:


Click the Pic!

I have added a belt buckle to it but apart from that, it is finished in the picture. I will tick along with these slowly because I have other fish to fry at the moment, namely my Primaris Psykers... my Jedi Beastmen. Well... apart from tilting the base to reset his C of G, the last one is now finished. Here he is with his mates:


Click the Pic!

Now that I have finished the Primaris Psykers, the next unit will be some Ministorum Priests which will be represented by Squat Berserkers. I haven't started them yet but I will do at some point this week.

Well it certainly seems like my sculpting muse is hanging around because the second Squat body is really progressing nicely again. I had a major stall with the feet but once they were done, the legs and jacket were pretty straight forward. Just the straps to go now:


Click the Pic!

Once this one is done, just three more to go!

To change the pace a bit, the weather has been nice enough to get the spray primer out so Death saw primer:


Click the Pic!

I also put some black on but obviously have a very long way to go yet... but a start is a start!

You'd think that's about it but no... I have more. I have been buying a few bits and bobs on EBay and now have plenty of 30mm bases for my next unit of Exo Armour, some Blue-Stuff for moulding and am waiting for some more paint to arrive.

I have tried using the Blue-Stuff to mould something (I just used a Plastic Squat body for trials and destroyed the cast) and reckon that I need to try a few different mixes of putty to see what works best. Then I will be able to start reproduction of my Steel Warrior legs.

It's all going on at the moment.

See you from the board room!

3 comments:

Pizzagrenadier said...

Fantastic work! The Mantic conversion looks really crisp and matches perfectly.

Of course, I'm most excited about the running dwarf :)

Love it. Perfectly executed.

Da Gobbo said...

Your sculpting is amazing, wish I had half the talent.
Death looks like a cracking model

Inso said...

Cheers :)

It's taken 30 years of practice to get to my standard of sculpting. I reckon that, with all that practice, I should have picked up a little bit of ability over the years :D ...

Death is from Microart Studios. I'm just painting it for a friend.