Sunday 27 March 2016

A post at Easter

Hello and Happy Easter (if you celebrate it).

The good thing about Easter is that you get time to spend at home (unless you are one of those people who have to work) and that means time for hobby as well as other things.

So... where to start?

During this week I went on my very first organised pub crawl. We had a map, got it stamped at each venue and all I need to do is turn up at a pub to collect my T-shirt... we didn't end up at the T-shirt pub... so I need to present my map at some point. It was good fun and not at all irresponsible. We also started the afternoon with a discussion about human factors that affect us when we are at work... so it was an educational day as well.

Hobby wise, I am very glad to say that some of my turrets arrived from Ainsty Castings (I am now just waiting for the mini turrets from Ground Zero Games) so I have been working out how to mount them on my Squat vehicles. Fortunately, I had a pack of plastic shot glasses which have come in very handy... so I was able to get this far with the first one:


Click the Pic!

I have built the platforms for the turrets on all five vehicles but still need to trim the shot glasses for the front of the remaining platforms. I think the turret suits the vehicle perfectly (it is from a Hammer's Slammers 15mm command blower tank) and will look even better once I have fitted the barrel to it. Incidentally, the area on each side of the turret platform is where the mini turrets will go. At the moment, the vehicle looks a bit 'chopped in two' but that will change once I add some gubbins between the cab and the transport compartment.

In other news, I have got a bit further with the Ghar... the third close combat suit has now been washed... but I wasn't in the mood for proper painting so I assembled and primed the three ranged suits I bought. Here's where I am at:


Click the Pic!

I have decided to give the different types of suit, heads to match their role so they are different depending on what weapons they have; a handy thing about the kits is that they come with three different heads in each one.

So... there you have it. Appart from sorting a few things, that's it for now.

See you from the other side!