Sunday 14 February 2016

Of Robots and Squats.

Hello again and welcome to Inso's World.

This week has been a bit topsy turvy but, for a change, apart from my missus getting poorly for a day, I have had quite a reasonable week.

So... this really caught my attention this week:



I love the way it can go anywhere, has no suspension or steering mechanism (it skid steers and has squishy tyres to take the bumps out of the road) and with a little bit of thought would make a truly excellent vehicle to be used on a swamp planet. Seeing as my Squats are from a swamp army, it got me thinking.

As did this:


Click the Pic!

I love these vehicles (not mine, they are from Khurasan Miniatures and the ones pictured can be seen, along with other great 15mm stuff, at The Angry Lurker Blog) because they are different and they could also be amphibious, just like the SHERP in the video (just a bit slower and better armoured).

So... with that in mind... I have visited EBay and bought a load of wheels... and yes, this could be the start of yet another unfinished project!

In other news, I decided that I would finally succumb to the voices and buy some female heads (LINK LINK) from Statuesque Miniatures. I decided to choose the heroic scale ones because they are designed for GW sized miniatures. Luckily I did because I ended up padding out the cheeks of my first trial run:


Click the Pic!

I thought that, seeing as it is a fairly common thought that you can't tell a male from a female Squat, I would use the standard bodies and arms but just swap the head... hopefully, it has worked (even though the head is still just slightly on the small size). The Sgt in the picture is now base-coated and waiting for her wash before highlighting. She is going to be the Sgt in a veteran squad of lady Squats... once she is painted, I'll show her off. Keeping Statuesque Miniatures in mind, I decided to get some Fembots to join Tiny and the gang. They are truly wonderful miniatures and everything that got delivered was exceptionally well cast... 

... did I mention Tiny?...

I have also got a little further on him this week. He now has the start of his face:


Click the Pic!

Well... I think that about sums up this week's activity on the hobby front...
Oh, don't forget that I have some stuff finishing today on Ebay:


See you from the workshop!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The female squat looks good :)

Warburton