Sunday 3 January 2016

Welcome to 2016!

Happy New Year and welcome to Inso's world for the first post of the year.

I guess that, with every new year, there come resolutions and plans that people want to follow through. Well, I have plans that I HAVE to follow through this year and they include:
  • Thinning down the hobby stuff
  • Saving money as much as possible
  • Planning for a big move at the end of the year
  • Prepare my CV and get some courses/work experience in
  • Move to a different county
  • Prepare to be a civilian (after 28 years of being military)
  • Sort all the niggles of the house out, ready for moving out
This is the last full year I have in the military and come January next year, I will be a civilian. It is a big change but I am looking forward to it... 28 years is a long time.

In addition to the stuff I HAVE to do, here's what I would like to do:
  • Properly sort through my collection and get storage for what I want to keep
  • Spend less time on the hobby and more time on getting things done
  • Get myself a dog (at the end of the year)
  • Sort out all my little medical/dental issues while I still have the support of the military
  • Get myself back to my regular level of fitness (I have let my standards drop since the Falklands)
  • The most important thing... be happier this year (another thing I let slip since the Falklands)
So... there you have it. No resolutions, just things I have to do and a few things I'd like to... but if I don't get everything done... that's life.

Now the boring stuff is out of the way, I thought I'd chare a couple of images of the Sharclon transport. Here's a 'before primer' pic:


Click the Pic!

... and here's one after a unifying coat of primer has been added:


Click the Pic!

I have started painting the transport but am not very far along yet. It is going to be gun-metal with glowy bits. I am also thinking of using Tau decals on it... but that may change.

That's it for now. I hope you have all had a great Christmas and wish you well for all of 2016.

See you from the branches of the singing, ringing, tree!

3 comments:

John Bear Ross said...

Looks great!
Best,
JBR

Da Masta Cheef said...

Necron decals might work well as an alternative.

Inso said...

Cheers :)

Necron decals? Hmmm... there's something I hadn't thought of... I'll have a look once it's painted and see whether it works (it has to work with the troops too). Nice suggestion.