Sunday 5 July 2015

The putty is rebelling!

One thing that an amateur sculptor needs in order to sculpt, is putty. I have lots of it but it seems that the environmental conditions have caused it to rebel! It has not been mixing properly and won't stick to what I want it to and I blame my sweaty hands and humid weather.

So progress this week has been frustratingly slow... especially seeing as I have been itching to sculpt.

Anyway... moaning aside, yesterday saw my initial efforts with the Age of Sigmar miniature and I threw the image out there for feedback... and I got more than I was comfortable with... so a rethink was called for. I scratched my head and ripped a few bits off... and came up with this:


Click the Pic!

It is still very much a work in progress... that means that the head, fist, polearm and cape will not necessarily look like that when I have finished. I feel that I need to point that out because, quite frankly, some of the comments that have been made appear to have been made in the belief that it was finished. I particularly enjoyed all the suggestions to buy bits and glue them on. Why on earth would I do that when I can just use what I have and sculpt what I need to? Anyway... deep breath... it is still progressing and should look nice when finished. It is very likely to be a one-off and may well end up for sale when it is finished...

Work continues (slowly) on the secret project but when I haven't been working on that or the Adeptus Custode, I have been working on my Squat heavy weapon squad (plus I've started the second Primaris Beastman). Here's my little WIP tray:


Click the Pic!

I am really keen to get some work in on these... but it all depends on the weather.

Well... that's about it for today. I have more sculpting to be getting on with.

See you from the edge of the river!

3 comments:

Sebastian said...

Pretty much what I'm expecting to happen to a lot of Stormcast Eternals. Nice work so far.

Pretty on par: http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111125222947/warhammer40k/images/5/5c/Custode_Legionaries.jpg

It's crazy how good these are for Custodes.

As ever, the Squats project is great to see :)

Anonymous said...

Great stuff. That custode is a massive improvement over your, already good, first effort.

Nice work.

W

Inso said...

Cheers :)

I've seen the prices for the Sigmar miniatures on the GW website... let's just say, there will only be one Custodes from me!