Sunday 3 May 2015

A consolidation post.

Welcome to the latest traveller to arrive in Inso's World; Asslessman. I hope you enjoy your stay here and feel free to comment as you see fit.

The last few weeks have been a bit crazy; arriving back from a 4 month detachment, getting the heads-up that I am to be promoted (don't know when/where yet... but I've got it), my wife putting her notice in at her place of work (and going to a new job), my son passing his interview to join the RAF, Salute... the list goes on...

... As a result, I am having to do a lot of thinking and trying to decide on the correct course of action. The biggest one is 'do I accept promotion, take what comes to me and continue in the RAF OR do I leave and follow a different path?' It's a biggy and one I thought I had in the bag until I was offered promotion... I guess timing is everything. So... as you can imagine, I have been a little distracted (and this is likely to continue until I know what is on offer with the promotion).

That said, I have a few things to post up. First up, I forgot to post a pic of the Pengie that was given to me when I left the Falklands... so here it is:


Click the Pic!

It represents me and my 'merry men'; the platoon I was in charge of whilst out there. The bottle is a port bottle... I like port. I love it and it proudly sits on the bookshelf next to my other Pengie that I got from a previous detachment to the Falklands.

Next up, I have been busy converting a Mantic Forge-Guard miniature (from the review I posted earlier this week) and have finished it. I have decided not to go too mad with it because I have twelve of them to do and I don't want to spend too much time faffing around with them when I could be doing other things. Here is the finished product, with a WIP of the next one:


Click the Pic!

All I have done is lower the crotch to make him look less lanky, smoothed his head/chest area so that there is a more obvious face and added a few runes here and there. The WIP one will be very similar but will have different runes. The pictue shows them on a temporary base that will be replaced with a 30mm plastic one at a later date (when I go into the loft and dig out some of my hobby stuff that has been packed away for the last four months).

I will plod along with these until I decide I have the enthusiasm to start on the next standard Squat platoon.

Well... that's about it for today. 

See you from the depths of concentration!

No comments: