Sunday 10 August 2014

Hurry up and... stop...

This week has been one of minimal hobby time. All I have done is finish off a bunch of preliminary work on my ten Squat miniatures. That means that the sgts have their weapons, the troops have their weapons and all of them have a coating of green stuff over the wire that will soon become arms. As a result, there are no photographs yet.

In other news, I have started running again so much of my evening is now concerned with sport, showering after sport and recovering from sport... and for all those people who think that exercise helps you sleep, I can safely say, no it doesn't. What it does do, is fire up the imagination so when you can't sleep you get more ideas (something to do with more oxygen in the brain, I expect).

So, I've been thinking about a few things and throwing the odd Google search out into the WWW and I found this:

 

I found photographs of it first and that led to the video. What I have found is the birth of an idea for a Grymn ground attack aircraft. I'll leave that one there for a moment.

Other things I have been thinking about is Squat bikes. Squats have tiny legs and as a result, any motorcycle that they ride would have to be so low to the ground that there would be no ground clearance... so, really, standard motorcycle design is off the cards... then I thought about how they would sit and it would either be in a proper chair (which would make hand-to-hand fighting impossible), on a bench seat or they could stand up and lean back on something. That got me thinking... I've seen this MONSTROCITY... but there is a way of making a chariot without having stuff pulling it... but the actual chariot shape would work nicely... so I'll leave that one there for a moment too because... I've also been thinking about one-man (Squat) hovercraft. They would be easy to make and would look pretty cool... so maybe I could use them instead of bikes (a bit like these ones that I built ages ago for a different project (but a slightly better design)):


Click the Pic!

I have all sorts of ideas about making them look better so... I'll leave that here for a moment as well.

Finally... here's something that I threw together ages ago (it's not for the faint-hearted).  I've posted it up before but it's fun so I thought I'd post it again:


See you from the bowels of the deepest dungeon!

2 comments:

Mr Teufel said...

The grymn vehicle looks like a bumper-car. :)

Inso said...

I guess... if you squint and look through a bathroom window :D

It isn't Grymn (it's mini-marine) and was to fill a gap that didn't require bike wheels... It was also to travel over the swampy planet that the Runic Marines lived on.