Sunday 13 July 2014

Holidays!

This weekend is the start of a week's holiday for me. I won't be going away for the week... just occasional day-trips... so it means that I have plenty of time to chill out and see where the mood takes me. So far, it has taken me to Reading and Henley but I expect to go a little further afield and dip my toes in the sea somewhere.

Over the last week, I have come to the conclusion that a vehicle I was working on wasn't robust enough. So I went online and bought a bunch of plasticard from Antenociti's Workshop. Not only are the prices reasonable but the delivery time was very quick... so I can recommend them to everyone now. It means that I now have what I need to start afresh and make a nice robust vehicle that is suitable for casting.

In other news, I have recently joined a new forum called Random Platypus. It was originally a 'Not Frothers UUK' but now it seems to be gaining a shape of its own. As a result of joining the forum, I have taken up a challenge to paint a squad in a certain time-frame; which means I have picked up a brush again and have started to paint these:


Click the Pic!

They are the first squad of converted Rogue Trader Imperial Guard that have been turned into Squats. I have finished a 'pre-base-coat' which I will now call a 'disgrace coat' because it is a lot messy... however, it is a start and will hopefully motivate me to continue with them.

I have been browsing around and have now discovered that Prodos Games has the new style Vulkan up for sale. Here is a pic:


Click the Pic!

It is a gorgeous little model that has a choice of weapons and is very much worth a punt at £14.99. It is also perfect for my converted Squats to use... so I very much expect to be getting one or two in the future.

And now for a complete change of direction... the Robins are nesting in out kitchen extractor fan again. I managed to get a very blurry picture of the chicks and there are at least two so once they are more established (and I have my ladder back from my friend), I will get some better pix that are good enough to show off. I am glad that I followed the advice I was given; not to clean the nest out after the first clutch. Isn't nature great?

Well... that's it for now. 

See you from the construction table!

1 comment:

Lord Siwoc said...

Really looking ace those squats! Good luck with them.

The new vulcan suit is really cool!

Best of luck to the robins, you do seem to attract them.