Sunday 8 June 2014

Life and death.

This week has been one of highs and lows.

On the one hand, our nest of Robins is now empty... the chicks have fledged. Here is a picture of one of them making its way from the fence to the relative safety of a tree:


Click the Pic!

Once we are sure that the Robins aren't going to reuse the nest, I'll clear it from the fan duct.

On the other hand, one of my friends from school passed away after a long struggle with cancer. If I was a religious man, I might say that what the lord gives with one hand, he takes with the other... but I'm not... so I'll just say that this week has been one of reflection.

Rest in Peace, Angie. You've earned it.

Wasn't it great to see that old veteran escape from his old people's home and go to France for the D-D commemorations? It was a fine display of the bulldog spirit that I am sure he used when he was involved, for real, 70 years ago. It is also shows that life has to be embraced... you never know when you won't be able to do what you are planning...

In other news, I am involved with the Pay-it-Forward project and have so far ticked off 2 of my 'victims'. With this in mind, I thought it was time to start the next one so here is what I have put together so far:


Click the Pic!

The person I am creating this for, likes Pugs so I couldn't think of anyone more appropriate to send this one-of-a-kind 'statue' to. I still have a long way to go and the three miniatures at the front will be removeable so they can be used for gaming.

Apart from that, I haven't done any hobby stuff this week... but as you may have gathered, my mind has been on other things.

See you from the back of the room, just behind the rubber plant!

No comments: