Sunday 23 February 2014

A quiet week.

I'd like to say that I have made loads of progress on hobby stuff but, unfortunately, I have been kept busy with work this week and as a result, I have only managed to paint three of the Grymn in powered armour. I don't have pix because the bases aren't finished yet. I'm a bit disappointed but that's just the way the cookie crumbles.

In other news, I have become obsessed with my 'retirement' project and have been investigating 1/60 scale Votoms kits. I now have six of them in various forms and am still looking to get another couple (namely a Fatty and possibly a Berserga). The idea is that I use the various kits, trim down various components and make them more Grymn-like... also, make it so that the various limbs etc are cross compatible. Once I have improved the joints, shortened the various limbs etc, they will be cast and used to build a 'glorious army' (for personal use only of course).

Part of the obsession has seen me watching various Votoms films and it is great watching hordes of skating mechs flitting about while blowing the crap out of each other... here's an example:

 

I reckon that this week will also be a bit busy but hopefully, I'll manage to produce something by next Sunday... who knows?

See you from the cockpit of a Scopedog, Turbo Custom, ATM-09-STTC!

No comments: