Sunday 15 December 2013

A mixed bag.

This week has seen the continuation of my cold, a couple of days leave, a rather dull Christmas party and a few bits of hobby so it has been, all in all, a pretty mixed bag.

So to kick things off with a bit of progress, here is the finished Diorama of Doom that only needs a few coats of matt/gloss varnish to be ready for display:


Click the Pic!


Click the Pic!

Well... since the pix were taken, I have sprayed a coat of matt varnish and then glossed the water and the eyes of the beast... but as is my luck with varnish, I have messed things up and I am left with a decision... strip it or bodge it. I am rather upset about the outcome at the moment but will make my decision when everything is properly dry. 

Bollocks! Bollocks! Bollocks!

On to other things and instead of messing up more painting, I decided to throw some plasticard together in a bid to increase my waning enthusiasm for the hobby and came up with this:


Click the Pic!

It is a truly massive, specially shaped box. It has been designed to go with some DreamForge space-Germans and a trio of Bauhaus Vulkan walkers from the new Warzone Resurrection game. Hopefully, you can see the German influence of the design. It is going to be an anti-grav type of APC/Engineer vehicle and is fairly bulky to carry all the gizmos. I have to fill in all the gaps and sand things down before I go any further but it is a start. Maybe it will point me towards getting the last of my Tunnel Fighter vehicles finished... who knows.

Only a week to go and I will be on my Christmas break so maybe I'll get something done then.

See you from the varnishing pit of despair!

No comments: