Sunday 29 September 2013

Bumper Sunday... the first.

What a week!

Lots of computer training, a trip to Boscombe Down to measure stuff, a Merlin '10 years on operations' event, a 25 year anniversary, news of a short term promotion, painting things AND even a little bit of sculpting... not to mention joining in with the latest UDoD on the FoD!

One of the great things about being in the Royal Air Force is that when you have to travel anywhere, you can get transport provided. Depending on cost and where you are going, this can be anything from rail-fare to a hire car. For my trip to Boscombe Down, I was given an almost new Ford Fiesta. It was a diesel and was great fun to drive (better than my own car). It sort of makes up for all the short notice travelling you are sometimes asked to do.

The 10 years on Operations event was a great opportunity for me to catch up with friends who I haven't seen for as long as ten years! My better half and I, had a lovely evening of good food, good drinking and excellent company so it was really worth going. One thing about the forces is that once you make a friend, no matter where they go, they are a friend for ever and you just pick up where you left off.

Yesterday was the 25th anniversary of me joining the Royal Air Force. I can still remember raising my hand and swearing on the bible that I will be the Queen's (or her successors) humble servant. It was in Exeter and the very next day, I was on a train to Royal Air Force Swinderby to start my journey. Over the last 25 years there have been plenty of ups and downs but I wouldn't have changed a thing. I have achieved so much and been to so many places that I would never have gone to had I not joined up so I can safely say that it was the perfect choice for me to make. It was most certainly 'one in the eye' for many of my friends at home who thought that it wouldn't last (and they are still back at home doing the same-old, same-old). I would recommend the Royal Air Force to anyone. It is just like any other job... but with more opportunities.

So... Dragons. It is with trepidation that I can reveal the first finished Dragon:


Click the Pic!

It is the very first Dragon (or large creature) that I have ever painted and although there are areas that could be improved, I am pretty happy with it. I have kept things fairly natural looking and this 'theme' will transfer to all of the Reptiliad Dragons that I paint. Speaking of which... I have finished the basic assembly of the next dragon:


Click the Pic!

It is a Reaper Dragon of some description and has slipped a little in the mould so it is going to need a lot of green stuff action to sort out all of the scales and things. I am thinking that this one is going to be a plains Dragon so it will be green with maybe a bit of yellow here and there. The base is going to be a mix of stones, rocks and vegetation. I have a lot of work to do on this one and am already looking forward to the next Dragon because I have checked it and it is pretty clear of any major issues to sort out.

Away from Reptiliad, I have been doing something very strange... it all started when I realised that I still had membership to the Bolter and Chainsword forum. I decided to log in and see what was what and realised that the forum had been updated and I had no posts! Well... after a bit of digging, I posted up a picture of my Chaos Terminator:


Click the Pic!

and that made me dig him out of hiding... so I have been painting Space Marines (yes... plural!).

But I'll save that for a bit later on today.

See you from the time portal!

1 comment:

THE PRO CLUB MANAGER said...

Hi Inso

I have something I think you may be interested in, can you shoot me an email so we can talk further?

talkwargaming@live.com

Lee

Talk Wargaming