Monday 17 September 2012

It's a question of theme...

As you know, I am currently putting together a Visitor army and once my E-Bay purchases all arrive, I will have:

10 Dreadnoughts.
2 War-Walkers.
43 Visitors.
4 small grav platforms.
2 larger grav platforms.

I plan on having 3 waves and here is how each will be made up:

Wave 1

1 Leader on small grav platform.
4 Honour guards.
20 Visitors.
4 Dreadnoughts with plasma-cannon.

Wave 2


1 Leader on small grav platform.
4 Honour guards.
20 Visitors.
4 Dreadnoughts with rotary-laser.

Wave 3

1 Leader on small grav platform.
4 Honour guards.
20 Visitors.
2 Dreadnoughts with heavy weapon (yet to be decided).
2 War-walkers with heavy weapons (yet to be decided).


Looking at the above list, I will need to buy more Tengu Greys but in addition to that, I will have 1 small and 2 large grav platforms left over.

The small platform I can put the grand overlord on (with a suitable amount of honour guards) but I will still have the two larger grav platforms left over.

My thought is to put fighting platforms on them and have special heroes ride them. Both would be non-psychic (having suffered head injuries... maybe scars/disfigurement or bionics) and would be wearing powered armour in a similar style to the dreadnoughts. They would have pole-arms so that they could reach the enemy and their suits would have limbs that are longer than they should be (the Visitors feet would sit just above the knees and hands would fit just above the elbows).

The big question is... would that fit with the rest or is it a bit too much?

So... would it fit in or would it be a stretch too far?

See you from the tripod manufactorum!

No comments: