Saturday 2 June 2012

God Save The Queen.

Even though I took a sneaky days leave yesterday, my Diamond Jubilee weekend starts today. I have four whole days to make merry and celebrate the 60 years that Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth II, has been our sovereign ruler.

I have no idea what I will be getting up to so I thought I'd post something today, just in case I am busy on Sunday.

Well, I went to work on Friday... got there and decided that it would be an excellent opportunity to go and do something else so I put some leave in. Before I left, I made sure that I shared my Twiglets with Jack. Jack is a Labrador/Rottweiler cross and he is a lovely chap. He is a lodger in the office during the day and we have become good friends... it is a good thing because it is like owning a dog without all the fuss of owning one.

...Anyway...

I went to various bike shops and spent a few pounds and now I have all of the oils/lubricants/batteries I need to get my bike back on the road. Yesterday, my Honda CB500 fired up for the first time in a couple of years and it was great to hear her purring again. To say that I had a grin on my face would have been a massive understatement. Once the engine ran for ten minutes and thoroughly warned up, I tried the gears and they all worked too (I hoped that circulating a bit of oil would free the gears up and it did). All the lights, horn, kill switch... everything works.

On the 'to-do' list is filling the forks, changing the oil and filter, changing the brake fluid, renovating the chain, changing some pipe clamps, cleaning everything and then getting it to the bike shop for an MOT. Even though I am doing a lot of work on her, I am likely to get a full service just as a bit of TLC. I reckon she'll be on the road in the next two months.

YAY!

I have been busy with sculpting and have been concentrating on Goliath, Gizzit and Space Cowboy. I have also been fleshing out a smaller armature that I'll show off when complete (it is a Space Dwarf... but don't tell anyone). I will make sure that I post some progress pix over this weekend.

I would like to extend my thanks to any of you who have made a donation to Niamh's fund. The kindness of strangers (and friends) is what makes the world a better place. If you don't know what I mean, here is a link to the Forum of Doom post:

LINK

... and here is a direct link:

LINK

As you will see, the fund is growing but there is still a long way to go. All I ask is that you visit the link and make your own choice.

Well, all that remains is to say...

God Save the Queen

See you from the flotilla!


No comments: