Tuesday 24 April 2012

Idling along...

I have been pottering away at home again today and the empty house is not stimulating me to much movement. I haven't been sleeping too well recently and to be honest, I just can't be arsed with too much today.

I have until Thursday off work but tomorrow I have to take my lad to hospital to get a load of results and stuff for his illness last summer so I am making a day of it with him in Oxford. That means that today is the last quiet one before work. So what do you do if you are bored? I decided to sort through my miniature cases and add some labels so that I have a bit of a clue to what is inside them. Six standard cases and a larger case are all sorted now and I can now say (with reasonable accuracy) what is in each one... which is nice.

I have also sorted out an on-line account for my son's phone which has been sat waiting to be done since January.

To finish, I've filled in the edges of all the pod bases with Green Stuff and have finished the assembly of the first of the GZG mechs. I have decided to make this one pretty basic by leaving off the shoulder mounted rocket pods. He is an anti-personnel mech and scales up nicely with many of my other projects:


Click the Pic!

I have decided to go all old school and paint the three mechs I have in bold colours like renegade mercenaries. I got my idea from HERE because of the beautiful job he's made of his mechs. I won't be copying the style, just the idea of bold paint-schemes...very inspiring stuff Gunner Dunbar!

What am I going to do now? I haven't a clue. I have immersed myself in the hobby recently and am probably feeling a little burnt out by all the ideas and projects that I have on-the-go at the moment... I think we'll all just to have to wait and see what happens next.

See you from rehab!

1 comment:

Lord Siwoc said...

I must get hold of one of these! Looking pretty darn good!