Sunday 27 November 2011

Was it a left...or a right?

As you may well have realised by now, I have real trouble sticking to one project. Only a couple of weeks ago, I was churning out super-Grymn by the dozen...but now, I seem to have been diverted by painting. I must admit that it usually goes like that...either one or the other and never the twain shall meet.

At least I haven't stopped altogether!

With the incentive driven project well under way, I give you the first small bike squad for the Void 1.1 challenge:


Click the Pic!

This is the first squad of the first platoon (hence the 11 marking). There are two more squads just like this one, waiting for some paint with the final member being a single officer. I went for a fairly flat look but thought a small amount of camouflage would help add a little pazzaz! At this moment in time, the finished squad has been gloss varnished to keep them protected and that will be covered with a matt varnish to take away the shine.

With a further change of direction, I have been dry-brushing the four remaining APCs for my Grymn Tunnel Fighter army. I think it just dawned on me that I only have a small handful of bits and bobs to finish and the army will be complete! I am of the opinion that I want this army finished by the new year so I need to get my skates on so that I can put it to bed, so to speak.

...mind you...

...I have to varnish the army as well...

...AAAAARGGGHHH!!!!

I have been thinking about the Mantic Space Dwarfs. I haven't decided on a paint scheme yet so I will be undercoating them in a light colour so that I have a broad spectrum of colours that would work from it. I think that I will be taking a 'modern' approach to their paint rather than the 'medieval' style of the miniatures and will likely go for a green or desert scheme. No metals will be present in the finished item.

The Spitfire needs some specially shaped pods to cover the engines. I am on the look out for them and will progress further once I have found them. I have a lot of filling to get done but would rather do it all once I have the pods on because they will have gaps as well.

The BIG terminator is still on the painting table and will be getting further washes. He needs to be a bit more shady...after all...he is a Chaos terminator ;).

The super-Grymn are still on the table. They haven't gone away but are just taking a breather.

Well...that is about it for this post but I am planning a second one later. Christmas is coming and I have a wide range of suggestions for those of you who haven't decided on the lead-pile list for the holidays. Grab a pen and paper and batten down the hatches for a few ideas for Christmas.

See you...later!

3 comments:

Lord Siwoc said...

Too many projects...The curse of our hobby!

But you are keeping at it, and it is looking great!

Simon Quinton said...

Yup the camo scheme is subtle but looks great

John Lambshead said...

I too have a butterfly mins coupled to a Mayfly's attention spam.