Sunday 4 September 2011

Robots...FAAAHSANDS of 'em!!!

As I mentioned in a previous post, I was looking through one of my hobby cupboards and I was finally convinced that I needed to assemble and paint these:

Click the Pic!

They are Ayame Battlesuits from Critical Mass Games and are meant for 15mm but will work fine for 28mm robots. I still need to finish the bases but I won't have them done by the end of the day so I thought I'd post these anyway. At this moment in time, I have no plans for these...they are just ticked off and available to add to a future project at some point.

There are a host of these Protolene battlesuits available so they could be used to build a complete army if you wanted...and at around £4-00 each, they are comparable to standard 28mm prices. They come as a resin torso with separate resin legs and metal arms. All of the components are crisply cast but there are some very faint striations where the 3d digital sculpting method has been used. At this sort of size, they aren't too noticeable but they are a particular bugbear of mine.

Lovely little robots though.

I have a few more bits and bobs from Critical Mass Games that will appear at some point...but they will be tied straight into my Grymn forces.

Here is a picture of the Condor with a cardboard 15mm miniature for scale:

Click the Pic!

I would have used a proper miniature but I don't have any 15mm ones so just for Comstar, I made an ickle cardboard one :). I hope this is good enough for your purposes.

This week has been a mixed blessing on E-Bay. I was unfortunate in losing my bidding war for a pair of Warzone Vulkans...but went 'buy it now' for a squad of Space Dwarfs.

The Space Dwarfs are from a Russian Company who used to be called Vellard but due to IP problems, they disappeared. Occasionally, the miniatures turn up on E-Bay and I decided to take a punt and order some. Once they arrive, I'll share the wealth and show off a few pics.

The Condor has stalled a little while I try to decide how I am going to explain some undercarriage...but I am sure something will crop up.

Sculpting has stopped for now...but I have a strong feeling that it won't be for long...

See you from the poop deck, me hearties!

2 comments:

comstar said...

Inso

Thanks for the comparison shot, it looks like it scales well with 15mm so i may have to get one.

So its looks like a good investment for your Grim and also I hope that my CMG walkers turn out as good as yours and they will be used for both 15mm as walkers and in some skirmish 28mm.

Cheers Matt

RVA said...

Vellard is seller only. I have seen him in our forums. Company name is TEHNOLOG here you are: http://www.tehnolog.ru/product/robogear.php