Sunday 22 May 2011

Another Sunday and...We're Still here!

Before I start, I'd like to welcome JWP to Inso's World. Unfortunately, not too much of an update today...but if you look through older posts, I hope you find something of interest :).

So...the world didn't suffer the Rapture yesterday. I wasn't confident that we would get a Rapture but you never know...it may have all been true!

So I guess this is 'welcome to the rest of your life'!

It has been a bit of an odd week this week. I have managed to prolong my head-cold so I have been coughing and spluttering a lot...which means that I didn't really achieve much. Mind you, that doesn't mean I achieved NOTHING...just not as much as I would have liked.

I have managed to finish painting the officer for my Kindred but haven't started basing any of them yet so I don't really want to show him off yet. I have ticked along slowly on the Judges and have started adding green-stuff here and there. I still have a way to go but at least I have started. I have partially assembled a small flier and am in the process of 'technically-adjusting' the cockpit. Finally, I have started to sculpt another miniature. I am not saying anything about it at this time but will be happy to show it off once it is finished as long as it turns out how I want.

In addition to the little bits and bobs I have been getting on with, I have also ordered another three of the Kryomek tanks for the Tunnel Fighters. That will be enough to transport all of the close combat units. I have some alternative turrets so I am likely to equip the standard APCs (when I order them) with mini-rocket turrets instead of guns...but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

I really hate it when I get an idea but don't have the tools/equipment/logistics to do anything about it. I need to get some casting stuff sorted out soon. Not being able to cast stuff is getting on my nerves and it is only a matter of time before I feel morally obliged to get hold of casting rubber, resin and lots of Lego to act as the casting frames. Lego would also be good for building up regular shapes as a base for what I want to build...

Well...that is the end a pretty uneventful post. Hopefully, the next one will be a bit more interesting.

See you over the garden wall!

2 comments:

Draxius said...

Hola, sent you a PM on Dakka regarding your work. Figured id drop you a line here too in case you missed it. :)

Inso said...

Hi Draxius,

I got your PM and have replied with the info you needed and a few links to the suits.

All the best!