Friday 24 December 2010

Season's greetings!

T'is the night before Christmas
And I've a sore throat,
I should have gone Pagan
and slaughtered a goat!

The tree's by the telly,
The presents are there,
There's plenty of spirit
For us all to share.

The snow's on the ground,
The weather is cold.
I should be elsewhere,
But I'm just not that bold.

It's Christmas at home,
Instead of with Dad.
I'd be in a hotel
But the weather's too bad!

So tonight I'm reflecting,
On what it's about.
It's not all the 'things',
It's family that counts.

So I'll tilt my glass,
to all you out there,
And to those you hold dear,
And this Christmas you share!

Have a very Happy Christmas and a merry New Year...and if you don't do Christmas, have a great holiday and I hope you spend it doing what you want!


See you through the tinsel!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nicely done! And season's greetings to you, too.