Sunday 11 July 2010

Lazy Sunday...

Hello and welcome to Inso's World. It has been a bit of a slow week/weekend and I haven't got as much finished (or even started) as I would have liked mostly due to it being quite humid and my heart really isn't in it today. Instead of being hunched over my painting table, listening to the endless drone of the motor-racing commentary, I decided to go into town with my son and get an ice-cream instead...

...So the Scope-Dog is no further on that it was and there are no new little projects on my table to be ticking along with.

On the other hand, I did manage to finish off the artillery piece for the HALO Grymn and here is is with all of the other squad members:

Click the Pic!

Here is a round the world pic of the little diorama too:

Click the Pic!

One thing you can't see in the pictures is that the gunner is not positioned quite right so he isn't actually holding the handles of the artillery piece...but I am happy with the piece, none the less.

I lied a bit earlier...I have actually got a little further with the Scope-Dog...I have washed it in Devlan Mud and have started the highlighting process but at the moment there is nothing worth showing off.

If you aren't aware, I have posted a couple of updates over at my Grymn Blog which touch on the subject of walkers and characters in a Grymn army. There will be more updates and a few ideas as to how to add a bit of character to your Grymn forces...so it is worth a look every now and then. I know I don't update it as much as this blog but what I put on the Grymn Blog is fairly narrowly focussed so needs to get a little more thought and planning.

I have another week off. I have a lot of general stuff to achieve (assessments, packing, tidying etc...) so I am going to be very busy. I can't promise any hobby stuff but we'll see. I'm sure that, if nothing else, the Grymn Blog may get a few updates but they will likely be text and rules ideas.

Well...that's all I have for tonight.

See you through the paisley-patterned drapes!

3 comments:

John Lambshead said...

They look good.

Inso said...

Thanks :).

Perhaps they are a little bright for a lot of people to take...but they are no worse than having a mix of Space Marine chapters in one squad.

I have had 'jelly baby' comments along with 'Power-Rangers' and 'M & Ms' but I have enjoyed painting these in bright colours because so much of my collection is camouflaged...

inrepose said...

Really like the primary look to these. Stands out but still looks interesting. Smart!