Sunday 13 June 2010

Sunday update

Yet another Sunday and yet another Sunday update...time ticks by and all that.

Welcome new follower Danny C. It is great to have you aboard and I hope you find something of interest to whet your palette with...also feel free to comment on anything that you see, I do read all of the comments and take note :).

So...a square week has finished and I've moved on to other areas of my Urban Grymn squad. As it stands, I am about to wash all of the leather areas, ready for highlights so I have got a little further but not far enough for anyone to notice if I put pix up...so they'll have to wait for another time.

On to the next subject; my Grymn tunnel fighters. I have finished the latest batch of troops for them and they happen to be a second unit of Clankers:

Click the Pic!

It is a unit of 3 (the top pic has a Grymn bodyguard in it for scale) and considering they had a pretty rough texture to them, they have painted up okay.

With those finished, the army stands at:

Command squad(10):9 Grymn with a commander, close combat weapons, four special weapons and a comms bot.

Scout squad(9): 3 Grymn with pistols and 6 Tooth Doggies.

Close combat squad(10): 9 Grymn with pistols, a pair of special weapons and a comms bot.
Close combat squad(10): 9 Grymn with pistols, a pair of special weapons and a comms bot.
Close combat squad(10): 9 Grymn with shotguns, a pair of special weapons and a comms bot.

Infantry squad(10): 9 Grymn with pulse-guns, a pair of special weapons and a comms bot.
Infantry squad(10): 9 Grymn with pulse-guns, a pair of special weapons and a comms bot.
Infantry squad(10): 9 Grymn with pulse-guns, a pair of special weapons and a comms bot.

Clanker squad(3): 3 Clankers.
Clanker squad(3): 3 Clankers.

I am planning to add another four infantry squads at some point, along with the 11 transport vehicles I need to carry them all. I may even have a twelfth one for the scout squad but that doesn't seem too necessary.

I will need to buy another 36 Infantry, another pack(3) of spider bots (for comms) and also build the transports. I have amassed a lot of components for the vehicles, including wheels, turrets, plasticard and tracks...I have even started gluing track links together...so they may get built eventually...who knows?

Who likes Dr. Who? If anyone does and they also like Daleks then why not pop to the newsagent and buy yourself a copy of 'Dr. Who Adventures'. Not only do you get all sorts of Dr. Who related information but you also get 5 free plastic Daleks on the front. They are about 28mm scale and they are hard plastic so you can glue them easily with plastic cement. They are the new style Daleks...so you have been warned...

...I've got a few ;)...

Here's a link to a thread with pix:

Daleks!

Just read through and there are painted pix too...well worth a look and it is a great forum as well...why not join? (The home-page can be found in my links: Lead Adventure Forum).

This coming week I am very busy with work and will likely be working next weekend as well. The build up to going to Kenya is in full swing and I have so many appointments and courses that I can hardly decide which way to turn next. Add to that, running the shift and ensuring that the helicopters get to fly on time and that will leave me little time for anything else...so I don't anticipate a huge update next Sunday...

...I have been wrong many times though...

If I get any further with my urban Grymn I may update again later but I am not confident.

See you through the falling blossom!



No comments: