Friday 4 June 2010

Slightly later meanderings...

Well, all the songs were complete and the children did a grand job. My son wrote a rap song about school which was rather cleverly written, with some good use of English (not something I'd normally expect from him...so I was doubly impressed) and my daughter wrote a pop song (to the tune of Justin Bieber's 'Baby') about...gravy. Another top effort but I must admit to being surprised that it wasn't my son who wrote the comedy song...

My two songs were well received too...a rap song about a Samurai Mantis (to the tune of Ice, Ice, Baby) and a pop song about butterflies (my children chose 'insects' as my song subjects).

I was surprised at how embarrassing it was for everyone (including myself) to read out their work...funny really.

So we went skating...it was fairly good fun...my son and wife had a quick go but dipped out early on (it isn't everyone's cup of tea, after all) so me and my daughter kept up the family pride and soldiered on. I am currently in rather a lot of pain as a result of 'the most spectacular fall of the day' and as a result have a rather poorly elbow. It was quite amusing to see the ice rink staff dash over to see if I was OK! I just climbed up, shooed them away and went for a little sit down until I stopped wanting to pass out (I must be getting too old for all the excitement). Fortunately I didn't bang my head so I was back out onto the ice to keep tabs on my daughter.

Note to self...don't go ice skating when you've only had six hours sleep over a three day period.

I am planning to get some painting done tonight and tomorrow and have already said to my family that I am going nowhere tomorrow so that I can get some painting done. If I'm really lucky, they'll all go out and leave me in peace...who knows?

See you through a two way mirror...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Any chance of posting some of the songs?

Inso said...

...I'm not sure I could take the embarrassment!

Maybe...