Wednesday 7 April 2010

Bandits; Angels High!

Is it Wednesday already? These weird shifts I'm on at work make me lose all track of what day it is.

This is a bit of a change because it is (strangely enough) something I've wanted to do for a very long time but never had the excuse until now. What am I talking about? WWI aeroplanes, that's what.

As you know, I have recently bought a bunch of tanks for a small contingent of Kindred (available from Hasslefree miniatures) and it got me thinking about what else I could use in the little force. Well, what tank platoon would be without scouts and spotters to make sure the road was clear ahead or warn of what strength the enemy has? That thought gave me the perfect excuse for a little air-power in the form of a WWI aeroplane (or two).

First thing first, to buy the kit and in this case it was a 1/72nd scale S.E.5a from Revell. All I needed to do was bulk up the pilot a bit and he was the perfect size for a Kindred (shown to scale...with a Kindred Officer):

Click the Pic!

The pilot was complete but then I had to build the aircraft and I suddenly realised just why I hadn't bought too many WWI aircraft before...they are a pain to put together (what with having fiddly little spindles to keep the wings in place)...so after assembling the thing (NO! I am not putting any support cables on the wings...if I did the thing would probably learn how to fly VERY QUICKLY!!!), I have started to base coat it...this is still WIP but you get the idea of what it will look like:

Click the Pic!

The colours are what the box art was displaying so I thought I'd just stick with it. It will have RAF roundels on it and will be very much part of the force.

If I buy more aircraft, I will not buy all of the same type because I will be going for a 'flying circus' feel...that way, all of the pilots can be aces and have special rules (for whatever system I eventually choose)...

TALLY HO!

FINALLY, I have further news of the Diver. Check out this post on the Forum of Doom:

http://forum-of-doom.com/index.php?topic=12908.0

If you are not a member of the Forum of Doom then here is the content of the post:

***Thanks to Kev and Sally's generosity and Inso's sculpting skill I have a Limited master casting of The Dwarven Deep Sea Diver from Insomniac Miniatures now available for sale, I will be selling 20 copies of this and 100% of the proceeds will go to a veteran's charity of Inso's choice.

All you need to do is send me money, cost is £5.50 plus £1 P&P. Send me cash via paypal gi6ers (at) hotmail.com, please also add your forum username and your address etc.

£5.50 is a minimum payment, if you feel that the miniature and cause are worth more then just send me what you think it's worth.

ta!***

The charities will be the Royal British Legion and/or Help for Heroes.


See you through the wind-rush!

No comments: