Friday 18 December 2009

Friday...and it's all gone white!?

Oh the joys of the British weather are a wonder to behold. I went to bed and outside was just as you'd expect of a normal day...everything in colour (although, at that time of night it was mostly dark). I woke up this morning and something weird had happened...all the colour was gone and everything had turned white!...Yes, the snow has hit and due to having a huge depth of the white stuff (a whole inch of snow!...I know...it was terrible to see! The whole world came to a standstill!), I did the Dad thing and kept the children at home. The real reason was they were only due to go for a morning and there had been an accident near to the school which was causing a huge amount of traffic delay...so by the time they would have got there, they would have been coming home again.

So...snow + children =...

..."it's too cold outside and it's the wrong sort of snow so can we build with Lego all day instead?"

I remember...back in the day...we used to rush outside at the slightest hint of snow and stay outside until frostbite took the ends off our noses! And even then, we'd just put some Savlon on and stay out until our fingers were stumps...we'd end up dragging ourselves across the floor with blackened, shriveled, stumps ONLY when we had built a snowman that was as big as the snow would allow...I don't know...the children of today, they just don't know what's good for them ;).

So...distractions, distractions, distractions...

I have a whole lot of stuff going on that I shouldn't have.

I have ten sci-fi adventurers undercoated and sat on my painting table. They are a selection of miniatures from Hasslefree Miniatures and I'm sure that there will be some pix when I get to a point where they are worth showing.

I have also added a wash to the Belog's skin...not a lot, I know but it IS something so it can't be all bad.

I have assembled 2 Baruk, 1 unbridled Enuk and 7 bridled Enuks. They are all from Hasslefree Miniatures (again) and they are part of the Twilight range. What are they for? Well...they are for some Grymn cavalry. Speaking of which, I have a prototype almost ready for a photo-call!...I have been busy chopping, pinning and sculpting a suitable Grymn and he actually suits things really well...

I still need to clean all of the cavalry mounts of flash...but it is a start and now that they are all firmly secured to their bases, they are easier to control while sculpting/cleaning.

I have tried out my shiny new mitre block and tenon saw and it works well enough on the dowel I have for my tank wheels...which is nice.

So...that's it for now! I'm sure I'll have something to show off by Sunday!

See you through the snow-storm.

SHHHH...you ain't seen this; right?:

Click the Pic!

No comments: