Sunday 9 December 2018

Grinding advance.

Hello again and welcome to Inso's World.

What have I been doing this week? Painting a tank. Sadly, I haven't been able to get as far as I would like because I have had work and family distractions... plus a strained back... that has meant that my hobby time has been restricted. As it stands, I have a painted tank with a WIP tank commander and the model will be finished by next weekend... here's some paint:


Click the Pic!

The fully painted and assembled tank:


Click the Pic!

This image shows the base-coated and washed tank commander. She is ready for the highlight stage which will probably start tomorrow because I have to go to work very soon:


Click the Pic!

It has been a nice change to work on this tank... but I still don't enjoy the stippling part of the painting process... however, it does create the effect I am looking for so I guess it's just something I have to put up with.

What happens when this is finished? I'm in two minds. I'd like to get more APCs converted and painted but I have a few distractions that are due to arrive over the coming weeks and months, namely:

Mantic Valkyr Bikers. (12... like the ones in the link).

The plan is to convert the Onna-Bugeisha miniatures to a sci-fi gang, use the bikes as Scout bikes in my Squat army, convert the Fireforge troops into a small Astra Militarum detachment and do 'something' with the Diehard miniatures...

... however, I would also like to paint some more Squat troops so that I had some finished passengers for the planned APC conversions.

Hmmm... decisions, decisions.

See you from the hobby desk!

No comments: