Sunday 16 December 2018

Company is a good thing.

Hello and welcome to Inso's World again.

This week has been pretty much the same as last week. I have been working hard, had a small amount of time off and have squeezed in hobby time here and there.

At work, it has been a good week. I have had my first assessment and they are very happy with both my performance and my progress so I am happy with that. In between work I have been helping the Marie Curie committee with their accounting and have also managed to see my wife occasionally... I'm sure that one of the reasons I left the RAF was to see more of family but it doesn't seem to be working at the moment...

So... hobby time.

To start with, I finished painting my Tank Company Commander (I'll take some pics at some point) and this is where the Company is, at the moment:


Click the Pic!

I still need to add the markings but I have now received my order for varnish so it is just a matter of time before I knuckle down and get the Company finished.

In the meantime, I have also received my Black Friday offer from Mantic and now have fourteen Valkyr Bikers to add to my army. They will be Hearthguard Bikers and will count as Space Marine Scout Bikes (for rules purposes). I decided that they needed to be converted to match the existing Hearthguard better so I have started work on them and have finished the first one:


Click the Pic!

As you can see, the body and head is the same as an existing Hearthguard and I have converted the legs and arms to pad them out a bit. These are the existing Hearthguard:


Click the Pic!

I am not going to be going too overboard with these and they are likely to look extremely similar to each other because, to be honest, they are a bit of an afterthought and do not really inspire me too much. They should look good 'en-mass' and painted up though... and will certainly beef up the 'Space Marine' section of my army.

As well as the bikes, I have also dug out the next four Toon King Tigers, washed them and have started to convert them into Chimera transports for No1 Platoon. They are at a very early stage so I haven't got pictures that I wan't to show off. However, I am taking 'step-by-step' pictures so that I know what I am doing (and can repeat it) and I can post a guide, later on. Watch this space.

Christmas is on the way and the lead up to the event is going to be very busy for me. I have a few long shifts so I doubt that I will have much time for the hobby... but I guess it's for the greater good.

See you from the ropes!

1 comment:

Zzzzzz said...

They look good en masse. I'd be getting stuff out and photographing it as well, but have just started a new job, I appear to have no time...

...C'est la vie !