After last week's post, I have stuck to my guns and have not added anything new to my army list. In fact, after receiving my Ogryn miniatures from Mad Robot Miniatures (in the USA), I decided to just have three Ogryn for now because it would take quite a lot of conversion work to change the second set of three into individuals, rather than a repetition of the first three.
With the Ogryn in mind, I unpacked them and quickly decided that they needed widening and their heads being lower down. As they are, they look like large scale humans and I wanted them to be a bit more Ogre like... not too much... but a bit... so I added a small disk of plastic in between the arm/shoulder and filled in the area to make a tidy join. I also trimmed the neck away from the heads and then pinned them in place before filling in the gaps again. This resulted in a nice little unit of three Ogryn:
Click the Pic!
I am really happy with the way two of them turned out but the third one (on the right) will do a trip for now. Since this image has been taken, I have primed them and put them in the painting box, ready for when I get the brushes out again. In the meantime, I have been adding to my second competition sculpt and have added the pouches to his belt and have started to build up his infantry weapon and arms. I am hopeful that I will be able to finish him fairly soon.
As for the army, I have got the Beastman sat in exactly the same state as his last picture and have the command squad and commander for the final platoon, sat on my desk. While looking at this little unit, I noticed that two of the command squad troopers are finished so I only need to add the arms to three miniatures... winner!
As a side note, it is nice to be able to tick things off a list as you complete them... I have a lot more green and a lot less amber on my list now... not long before the troops are done, I reckon.
See you from the happy chair!