Sunday 7 July 2019

Mechanicus?

Hello and welcome to Inso's World again.

This week has been very similar to previous ones but with the addition of a head-cold... so things haven't gone as smoothly as they could.

I'm keeping this post short because I have work in an hour or so... so I'll get straight onto hobby stuff.

As I mentioned last week, I bought a box of "Avatars of War - Dwarf Seekers" and this week, I have been playing around with them to see what I can do. The idea behind getting them was to create a unit that will proxy for Electropriests (the ones with the gauntlets). I didn't want them to have the same style as the GW, human versions so I thought hammers were the way to go... and a more barbaric, 'forge' styled route was appropriate for my little army. Anvil Industry make some lovely little back-packs so I bought enough for the whole box of Seekers and have put together a couple of test models.


Click the Pic!


Click the Pic!

I think that the simple approach is the way to go so I have left off any hoses or pipes at the moment, so I can see if I am happy with the clean look. If I don't get the right vibe from them, I'll possibly add more details later... maybe in the painting phase, if in no other way. This is the first unit of five, as it stands at the moment:


Click the Pic!

Well... short but sweet, this week.

See you from the naughty chair!

No comments: