Not to put too fine a point on it, I have had a nagging virus that has kicked the arse out of any motivation that I may have had... so I have been doing rather a lot of not very much at all.
That said... I have done a few things over the last couple of weeks.
The house painting (external) is now finished apart from a nasty mark where the boiler vented down my newly painted wall. I have since added a hose to take the draining, dirty water away from my nice white walls and will dab a bit of paint on at a later date to cover the mess. The tree stumps are more or less gone from the garden, thanks to a friend who turned up with a trusty chainsaw. I also managed to empty the shed a bit, by sorting out some recycling of old electronics/metals and wood and getting it to the recycling center.
Since the last blog update, I have also been out and about with my wife to see numerous local bands and we also went up to Chard in Somerset to attend an '80s/'90s School Disco/Reunion this weekend just gone and stayed at a lovely little hotel overnight before returning home. The disco was a charity event, arranged by a friend of mine and was brilliant. We both had an immense time... I even met up with a couple of people I hadn't seen for over 25 years!
On a hobby note, I have ordered some alternative decals from EBay because I have lost hope in getting the ones I previously ordered. I have sculpted the tank commander in the third tank:
Click the Pic!
The tank has now been fully base-coated and washed, ready for the stippling process to begin. I haven't painted the commander yet because I need to get the tank sorted first. Here's where it is at so far:
Click the Pic!
With tanks in mind, I have been collecting various pens in order to build the primary weapons for the remaining members of the tank company. There will be three battle cannons, three plasma cannons and an executioner battle cannon (for the overall company command tank). I think that I have covered all the bases and have the option of buying more, should I mess things up... which could be handy because as well as arming tanks, I may need to find some alternative weapons for this:
Click the Pic!
It is a 1/48 scale kit that assembles to be around 8" tall (if assembled in accordance with the instructions). It was an opportunity I couldn't miss because it was only £19 including postage... so a complete bargain! Obviously, it will be joining my Squat army as a proxy Knight Titan so will be getting a little bit of work done on it to give it a bit more of a Squat feel. No... I will not be giving it a beard and axe... it will be getting a more earthy look than a giant Dwarf. That said, I won't be doing very much with it for the time being because the tanks are my priority.
So... commissions. Well... I have tried to get some sculpting done on the commissions and have managed to bulk out a Goblin and tinker with a second one... but that is about it. I am desperately hoping that my sculpting muse comes home soon because I hate not being able to progress other people's sculpts. My tank commander is not up to my usual standard and I certainly wouldn't want to fob off a client with work that wasn't the best I could do... so it's just a waiting game at the moment.
On the plus side, my teetotalism has greatly improved my mood and I feel much more positive than I did before. Hopefully, once I shift this bloody virus, that positive mood will turn into motivation and I'll be able to get more stuff done.
It's funny that I don't miss the drink at all... although I did feel a bit self conscious at the disco 'making shapes'...
Well... that's about it for this update. I don't know when the next one will be but it should be soon.
See you from the conga line!