Sunday 6 May 2018

Three wheels on my wagon.

Hello and welcome to Inso's World this week.

This week has been quiet. A trip out on the bike... A few chores... another couple of great nights, watching live bands... watching Avengers Infinity War at the cinema... and having a day of grieving because these week would have seen my Dad's 75th birthday, if he wasn't beaten by cancer last year.

This coming week is one of the biggest in my town's annual calendar because on Tuesday it is Flora Day! This year, I am going rogue and striking out on my own for the day... but we have family visiting and I will be spending quite a lot of time with them, over the week so I reckon this coming week will be pretty excellent.

From a hobby perspective, I have achieved very little sculpting because, quite frankly, I have a bogging head cold at the moment so I am not in the mood for very much... apart from this:


Click the Pic!

Yes, I now have twp of the Tiger-Russ tanks painted up and have started the process again on the third one, by giving the sprues a good wash in detergent; ready for work to begin properly. While I am waiting for that to get going, I thought I'd share a picture of my armoury so far:


Click the Pic!

The spray primer that I got from Warlord Games is doing a grand job of making things smooth and green.

Incidentally, the third tank will be getting a tank commander. He won't represent one in the rules, he'll just be there to show that his tank is the lead tank.

Short but sweet.

See you from the streets!

3 comments:

tim said...

Those tanks look so great! I would totally steal your idea if I didn't already have so many Leman Russ Tanks...

I did order one of the KV-2 tanks from this line to Ork-ify... we'll see how it turns out. If it turns out okay I may have to get more and me and the boy can have some proper armoured battles!

Inso said...

Cool :)

I am glad I found these... they are exactly what I was after (and take minimal conversion) so I'll get the third one finished... and get another three!

Zzzzzz said...

Your comments on the less Chibli appearance makes perfect sense.

And homogeneity across the force always looks good.