Sunday 2 December 2018

A little bit of sculpting?

Hello and welcome to this week's blog post.

To say that this week has been an uphill struggle would be an understatement.

Working in elderly care, especially where dementia is high on the agenda, can be a roller-coaster ride. This week has proved it to me. I have seen the highs of making a huge difference to some of the resident's lives and I have seen the lows of watching the coroner taking away residents who have succumbed to dementia.

There have been staffing issues, disgruntled people and 'interesting' challenges that have arisen due to some of the more diverse behaviour that dementia can cause... I have even worked two extra shifts to try and ease the situation... but it has all been positive (for me) so I am happy ticking along.

Add to that, my charity duties whilst I have had time away from work (counting charity boxes, creating event programmes and paying in money at the bank)... and that means that I haven't had a huge amount of hobby time...

... however... a small miracle has happened. My muse has paid a visit and I have got a little sculpting done. I'll also add that the sculpting has enabled me to remove a stumbling block from my work bench.

This week, I have finished off the company commander for my little tank company. Here she is:


Click the Pic!

As you can see, I still have a lot of work to do on her tank but that all revolves around getting sprues of components sprayed, ready for assembly so everything comes together when the painting starts. Sadly, the weather is dreadful at the moment so getting the spray-cans out, isn't going to happen for a day or so... which is going to be frustrating; now that I have finished the commander.

To add a bit of an explanation to the sculpt; she is holding some paper in one hand (orders) and a microphone in the other (so she can give the orders... loud and clear). The brown thing on the side of the turret, is a set of speakers. Her tank has a Heavy Bolter in the hull and has a Vanquisher Battle Cannon in the turret. The finished model will proxy for an Astra Millitarum Tank Commander, in a Leman Russ Vanquisher.

The good thing is that once this tank is painted, I can then get all 11 vehicles marked up with decals and finish the company properly. In case you can't be bothered to trawl through... here are the other ten vehicles:

Leman Russ Punisher Squadron:


Click the Pic!

Leman Russ Executioner Squadron:


Click the Pic!

Leman Russ (Battle Cannon) Squadron:


Click the Pic!

Engineseer Chimera Transport:


Click the Pic!

... and to finish off the company, the Engineseer and his Servitors:


Click the Pic!

Hopefully, I'll be able to get some paint on the command tank this week... but only the weather can say whether or not that can happen... so we'll have to wait and see.

See you from the workshop!

2 comments:

Da Masta Cheef said...

I love all of your conversions, though I have to admit that the chimera is by far my favorite!

Inso said...

Cheers :)

It isn't exactly how I wanted it to look but it is pretty close. I was going for a FV432 sort of look to it and I don't think I was too far away. The next ones (all 13 of them) will be slightly different because I want the tops to be horizontal rather than sloping down, slightly, at the back.

I have four tanks that are here, ready to be converted and I need to source another nine for the platoons... Now that I have a job, I'll be able to afford them :) .