Sunday 22 July 2018

Indicators on...

Hello and welcome to Inso's World on yet another glorious, sunny, day.

This week has had a few 'life' adventures with a bit of family visiting and other things going on.

First up, my motorcycle has had its first service and the screen that it should have originally arrived with, has now been fitted:


Click the Pic!

Next up is something that I have been working on in the background. Over the last few weeks, I have been in touch with the local wing of the Marie Curie charity and have applied to become a committee member of the Helston/Lizard branch. This week I sorted out my application, it was accepted and I am now part of the Marie Curie club. I even have a new ID card to go with it:


Click the Pic!

I am rather happy with being accepted and hope to meet the rest of the committee at the beginning of next month. It will not only wake me up a bit but it has also ticked off one of the items on my "leaving the RAF and moving to Cornwall" list. The only thing remaining is to get a job and I am looking into that as well.

On to the hobby and this week I have finished the Platoon Commander for the Battle-Cannon tanks:


Click the Pic!

Obviously, I still need to apply decals but as I have mentioned before, they will be applied when the whole company is finished. With that said, I have also started work on the Company Commander but have stalled somewhat. I have added speakers and a flagpole to her turret and have got as far as sculpting her padded torso but that's it. The ideas for her have sort of run dry and the weight of other ideas has meant that I have needed to "scratch an itch" and change direction a bit...

... so I have ordered another King Tiger kit to play with; this time to try and make a simple conversion into a proxy Chimera. I wasn't expecting the kit until Monday but it turned up yesterday so I have already been tinkering and so far, it looks like this:


Click the Pic!

All I have done is remove any details that were sticking proud of the surface and have added the basic shape of the passenger cabin. The hole at the front is for a small turret.

Looking at the image, I plan to use the top hatches from the turret as hatches for the driver and "machine-gunner", with a vent/grill panel between them. There will be an engine panel on the front of the hull and the "machine-gun" mount will be fitted in the same place as it is on the other tanks. On the top of the passenger cabin, I will be placing a round top-hatch, six periscope viewers and a small, automated turret with the main weapon attached. On the rear of the hull, there will be a large ramp for accessing the passenger cabin. On the sides of the cabin will be six gun ports. Various details will be added and a lot of them will come from the components of the kit so I don't have to find them elsewhere.

So far, the conversion hasn't been too onerous so I am hoping that when I need to replicate the design, it shouldn't be too difficult... but it's early days yet.

That's it for this week. In the coming week, I hope to get the Company Commander sculpted and possibly, finish off the first of the Chimera conversions... we shall see, I guess.

See you from the road, man!

2 comments:

Zzzzzz said...

The lighting looks like it has mostly eaten through the subtle stippling and produced a flatter colour scheme, at least in the photos. But the amount of work is evident from the close up of the cupola.

And the Chimera looks pretty good so far.

Inso said...

Cheers :)

The lighting isn't great and, in real life, they look a bit more painted... hopefully, when I get the decals on and take some better photos, they'll look more presentable :) .

The Chimera is now fully converted and will be getting some paint very shortly... Hopefully, it'll still look good when it's finished :) .