Sunday 21 January 2018

We're going airborne!

Hello and welcome to Inso's World again.

This week has been dull, overcast, windy and very wet indeed... so I've stayed in and just kept up with the chores. I'd like to say that I have been warm and comfortable but the combi-boiler has decided not to work (Repair/service will be on Tuesday) and I have had a rather painful shoulder this week... and I have tried to steer clear of pain-killers for fear of addiction (Codeine is the only thing that touches the pain and it isn't to be taken lightly).

Monday was my birthday. It was very quiet and unremarkable. Any gifts I got, were money destined for Shelterbox (the disaster relief charity that I support) so I didn't get a 'haul' or anything like that... I prefer a 'gift of giving' present for my birthday; it gives a birthday more substance.

Friday was a pub night and the band was very good but with my 'dry January' thing going on at the moment, I was limited to lime squash for the evening... but raised a further £15 in the process so it was a good evening in the main.

Hobby wise, this week has been rather productive. I have been ticking along with the second member of the 'Predator' team (Sgt Harker) but haven't really got far enough to show anything. Most of the work has been on his free arm and getting his heavy bolter looking functional. Hopefully, I'll get further with him during the coming week. i would probably have got further with him if my Corvus Blackstar hadn't turned up. Once the kit arrived, I couldn't help turning it into a Valkyrie so after removing all the inquisitor symbols and assembling it, it now looks like this:


Click the Pic!

There wasn't too much extra work and in another post, I will post some better pix with an explanation of what I did. Once the Valkyrie had been finished, I had my kit building head on so I unearthed my half-track kits and set to converting them. I have three of the kits and have ordered a fourth so I can get a platoon'e worth of kits converted together. I have been working on three of them and have got this far:


Click the Pic!

I have paused for a while until the fourth kit arrives so that I can get them all to the same standard before moving forward. Hopefully, it will be here tomorrow or Tuesday. My aim is to build four amphibious assault vehicles that can be proxies for Chimeras... but they won't look like Chimeras at all.

There are other hobby things going on at the moment but I'll share them at a later date... needless to say, some is pretty average stuff and other bit are a little bit different.


No comments: