As you may have noticed, it isn't Sunday... but I'll get to that.
Before I do I would like to welcome Nobody667 to Inso's World. I hope you enjoy your visit and make sure that you check all the corners... you never know what you may find.
I was going to post yesterday; as usual but I din't have anything to show off so I thought I'd let it slide until today... and I still don't have anything to show off. That is because I've had a lazy week where I have socialised a bit too much and not been really bothered to do any hobby stuff.
First up, I went on a leaving do at the Reading Beer and Cider festival on Thursday and on Saturday, I went out with my lad and a few of his mates... and in between, I have been shattered with no enthusiasm for hobby stuff.
In the news, I have been ticking along on a few little bits... namely the commission sculpts. It is very difficult putting tiny spines on the back of a 20mm tall creature...but I am getting there. I reckon that I'll soon have some pics to show off (even though the sculpts are currently around a month late).
I have also bitten the bullet and have five more Squats in progress. They have currently been shortened, had their legs and bellies sculpted and their backpacks fitted (a comms, loader and special weapon ammo pack). That means that when they are finished, there will be a squad (that just needs to be painted).
In more Squat related news, I managed to bag me 20 plastic Squat miniatures from Ebay. They cost me £29.00 including postage... which is an amazing price if you think that some of the buy it now prices are ridiculous (a box of 36 for £300.00? Mental). They are new on sprue and have all the arms and weapons but not the bases and one head is missing (not a problem when I am already sculpting Squat heads at the moment). That makes mw very pleased.
So... I've been nominated for Liebster Award...
I must say I've never heard of it so here is a link to what it is all about:
The Liebster Award
If you don't read it, you'll never know what it is about because... I am not explaining it!
The eleven truths:
1. I have an alternative personality... it is a Velociraptor and it lives here: Being a Velociraptor.
2. I have had some of my poems published on line as part of 'The New Ulsterman' webzine.
3. I am married with two teenaged children who aren't quite embarrassed enough to stay at home when I go out (but I am working on it).
4. I have seen the future (Christmas) and it involves some of THESE with lots of pads and a helmet.
5. I am in the Royal Air Force (and have been for nearly 27 years) and am currently involved with getting the Puma Mk 2 helicopter fully into service.
6. I love eating fresh Lobsters... and preparing them is all part of the enjoyment (BASHY, BASHY!).
7. I have a little bit of a crush on Kylie Minogue... but don't tell anyone.
8. I once walked into a cheetah's cage and stroked it. Luckily, it was eating its dinner at the time (and so were the other two).
9. I could drive a forklift before I could drive a car... and was a qualified motorcyclist before I could drive the forklift (work that out).
10. I currently have five different sculpts for sale in various shops (including Hasslefree, Grekwood Miniatures, Matakishi's Tea House and Impact Miniatures).
11. I have been a passenger in a helicopter that landed on Ben Nevis in Scotland.
Now the questions I have been posed:
1. You have been marooned on a desert island with paints and brushes... what miniature would you take to paint?
Answer - The Heresy Dragon.
2. On that Island, you later discover a shop that sells one hobby accessory... which one?
Answer - A decent lamp.
3. Said shop is run by a hobby related individual, past or present. Who are they?
Answer - Christopher Lee (he was in Star Wars amongst MANY films and used to make wargaming miniatures out of sculpted paper mash).
4. You have been rescued by Superman and brought back home. Your entire collection has been sold; apart from your paints. What is the first miniature you would paint?
Answer - I would sell my paints and not start up again. I'd find a more practical hobby to do... it would be the freedom I have long craved.
5. If you could have any past miniature range, in its entirety, which would it be?
Answer - GW Squats... and in multiples. Basic troops, support weapons, Exos and Hearthguard but not the bikes (dreadful).
6. A miniature manufacturer that you don't think should ever have existed.
Answer - Defiance Games (and any other company with any links to Tony).
7. Your likeness in miniature, sculpted by whom and in what clothing?
Answer - Kev White (Hasslefree Miniatures), as a Grymn in light weight powered armour (like the humans he sells).
8. A complete range sculpted by your favourite sculptor? Choose range and sculptor.
Answer - Kev White, Squats (of my design).
9. You get the chance to interview someone on your blog. Who do I choose (living or dead but hobby related)?
Answer - I'd bring Tolkein back from the dead and ask him all about his thoughts on the film versions of his books.
10. You are elected as head of Games Workshop by the board. What is your next move.
Answer - Reduce prices by about 25%, reintroduce the Squats (but with an improved design), get rid of the new look Visions and White Dwarf and release White Dwarf as a proper magazine with other manufacturers being invited to add articles. Finecast would be scrapped, Forgeworld would be used for the resin casting instead and that company would have its QA department fired and replaced with a more stringent team (to improve reputation)...
11. The Grim Reaper finally claims me but resurrects me. Which area/time do I choose (but not who... that is in the lap of the gods)?
Answer - Tokyo, Japan... now.
I will nominate my blogs and dish out questions a bit later.
See you from the Septus Nebula!